When someone tells you that they want you to write a good objective for a project manager resume, they do not mean a nice looking font!
Good objectives are those that deliver the reason for writing one. For instance, if you are writing a resume for a project manager position, your objective should flawlessly detail why you think that you are such a great choice for the position.
Project Manager Resume objectives are seldom ignored because they cannot be ignored as they open your resume. In the rare event that your objective does get sidelined, the rest of the resume will take over, provided that it is as strong as the opening.
Since objectives are hardly ever considered see-through, this is where you need to focus. Standardization is not a problem when writing resume objectives – employers expect them. But you cannot confuse a standardized resume objective with one that is generalized. The format can be standardized but if you generalize the information in it, you may just say oops now!
An objective for project manager resume should be very specific to the role. You cannot say the likes of I want to work with you so that I can polish my project management skills. In case you didn’t read the newspaper this morning, resume objective are never about you. They are always about the employer and how much you can help him do the job.
The following resume objective samples will give you an overview of what one should look like:
Project Manager Resume Objective Examples
• Results-driven and aggressive Project Manager seeking a position with EBCO General Contractor. Bringing a track record of achieving operational objectives of each project by contributing to the strategic plans and reviews.
• Diligent and resourceful professional looking for a Project Manager position at NICE Systems utilizing hands-on experience in planning, analyzing and implementing assigned projects and establishing schedules and project parameters.
• Desire a Project Manager position at Ingersoll Rand. Expert in collaborating with project team members to identify approaches, deliverables, schedules and tools to ensure delivery of project within established constraints.
• To obtain a position as a Project Manager at Booz Allen Hamilton utilizing proficiency in coordinating all activities of the project team and facilitating project-related team meetings, including kick-offs, status and client reviews.
• To work for Razorfish as a Project Manager applying competencies in developing, maintaining, reviewing and disseminating project modules by coordinating appropriate materials, manpower and resources.
• Seeking a Project Manager position at Dell. Offers unmatched talents in managing and controlling project scopes and change control processes. Highly skilled in identifying and communicating issues that may cause margin changes and ensuring that all assigned projects are delivered within set deadlines.