There are several ways to impress a hiring manager with a resume, but the most effective one is through the summary.
Writing a resume becomes easy when you have something to hold on to. It provides you with that opportunity, allowing you to summarize your skills information, and then expand it within the document.
A manager resume summary can be written in many ways. It is really up to you how you want to go about it. However, you need to make sure that all the information that goes into it is relevant.
If you want to talk about your experience and education in detail, the resume summary is not the place to do it. It is used to outline how well-equipped you are to work in a challenging environment, and how well you will fit into the company culture.
The information provided in summary is also useful for recruiters when they make the critical decision of reading the rest of the resume, or merely archiving your resume for later – or never. If your summary “speaks” to them, you are in. If not, you need to make one more attempt.
The following resume summaries for a manager position will give you a more comprehensive overview of how one is written:
Manager Resume Summary Samples
• Uniquely qualified office manager with over 6 years of experience in maintaining office services by organizing and leading operations. Effectively able to control correspondence, design filing systems, review and approve requisitions, and assign and oversee clerical and administrative functions.
• Top-performing leader, with over eight years of experience in serving as the primary point of contact, and handling a wide array of duties such as scheduling meetings, organizing layouts, maintaining operations, and overseeing inventory. Demonstrated expertise in creating and managing effective liaison between departments, aimed at ensuring smooth activities for all.
• Resourceful, competent, and responsible individual, boasting of 3 years of experience in organizing and coordinating administration and procedures, aimed at ensuring organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
• Exceptionally talented project manager with 15-plus-year track record of efficiently developing communication protocols, streamlining administrative processes, and handling inventory control. Proficient in organizing and scheduling meetings, and partnering with HR department to maintain policies.
• Highly experienced marketing manager with widespread exposure to organizing all marketing activities aimed at boosting the revenue and increasing client base. Adept at coordinating the activities of marketing staff, and developing and implementing new marketing strategies to compete well in the aggressive market.