Resumes for the office assistant positions should not begin abruptly.
That being said, the best way to start your resume is by using a summary statement.
The summary defines the path that the resume will take eventually and is considered an imperative component of the document. Abrupt resumes do not attract employer interest.
What exactly is an office assistant resume summary?
A summary is merely a short paragraph that details what a candidate is all about – his aspirations, work skills, experiences, and sometimes, achievements.
One basically has a free hand when writing a summary but one does need to remain within the confines of professional decorum.
You may be a great contender for a job but you still need to convince the hiring manager of your abilities to do what you claim that you can do.
And this is not too difficult to do if you relate the information that you provide in the summary with what is required from a candidate.
Here are 12 examples of how you can write one for your own resume:
Sample Summary Statements for Office Assistant Resume
1. Dedicated and organized office assistant with 15 years’ track record of overseeing the daily operations of a busy office. Highly skilled in handling incoming calls, managing files, recording information, greeting clients, and maintaining documents aimed at ensuring that all office processes are completed on time.
2. Results-oriented and dependable Office Assistant with a high-energy background in a fast-paced office environment. Possesses outstanding organizational skills, targeted at maintaining office schedules, handling customers and visitors, and enhancing the organization’s reputation by serving requests in an efficient manner.
3. Top-performing Office Assistant who is known for proficiency in managing daily office processes and coordinating and maintaining databases such as client lists and information. Highly experienced in coordinating and organizing appointments and meetings, and assisting with corporate event planning duties.
4. Highly experienced and organized office assistant with solid expertise in handling filing and record-keeping work, along with an exceptional insight into managing scheduling work. Especially talented in providing assistance with corporate event planning activities and advertising endeavors.
5. Highly experienced office assistant with great adeptness in monitoring and maintaining office supplies and equipment, in addition to proficiencies in coordinating and managing staff administrative records. Effectively able to maintain office filing and storage systems, with a complete focus on data integrity and confidentiality.
6. Accomplished individual with deep insight into handling administrative work to ensure that daily work processes are managed efficiently. Exceptionally well-versed in organizing meetings and handling travel arrangements.
7. Competent, highly organized, and focused Office Assistant with over 8 years of track record of success in the administrative and clerical arena. Pleasant, patient, and approachable, with deep insight into operating office equipment and handling correspondence and coordination work.
8. Office assistant, with exceptional exposure to responding to inquiries from clients and coworkers according to set policies. Highly ambitious and results-oriented individual with a great focus on effectively handling operations and clerical work within a busy business environment.
9. Exceptionally talented office assistant with demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining staff schedules, handling complex POS systems, handling event planning activities, and managing internal and external communication channels.
10. Results-oriented and committed Office assistant with documented success in creating and maintaining filing and record management systems, mail and correspondence, and data entry work. Deep familiarity with handling customer service work, and a great penchant for providing support to marketing and sales efforts.
11. Industrious, organized, methodical, and resourceful individual, boasting of working as an office assistant in a busy office environment, for more than 10 years. Versatile, self-motivated, and detail-oriented person, with exceptional skills in performing data entry work and handling mail and correspondence.
12. Uniquely qualified office assistant with demonstrated expertise in utilizing electronic filing systems, managing incoming and outgoing mail, operating and maintaining office equipment, and performing listing and data entry work.