Resume summaries are quite underrated. People often opt not to write them which is a grave mistake. Opening a resume with blocked information is not such a great idea. There has to be an introduction. And the summary takes care of introducing you to an employer whom you have never met, making the hiring process easy for him and yourself as well.
Opening a resume with solid information contributes highly to its success. Introducing yourself in a short paragraph can take you to great places where your candidature is concerned. Technically, a resume summary is nothing more than a short introduction of what your professional standing is, and how you intend to use accumulated skills and experience to contribute to the organization that will eventually hire you. On the face of it, the process of writing a summary is quite simple. In actuality, it is not that simple to articulate your interest in a job and position yourself as a viable candidate. What stops you? Many factors, including the fact that you may never have written a summary before. If you haven’t, it is time that you did as by writing one, you are only making your candidature stronger.
Here are a few examples of resume summaries for a human resource manager’s position:
• Over 10 years of experience working in a consultancy role to assist line managers in understanding and implementing HR policies and procedures. Highly competent in liaising with a range of people involved in policy areas including staff performance and health and safety.
• Effective and competent Human Resources Manager with 6+ years’ track record of success developing and administering human resource plans and procedures related to company personnel. A highly approachable and pleasant individual who has exceptional skills in contributing to the development of HR department goals and objectives.
• Productive and detail-oriented human resource manager, with 5 years of relevant experience in a large organization. Deep insight into planning, organizing and controlling the activities and actions of the human resource department, along with excellent skills in revising and recommending personnel policies and procedures.
• Top performing Human Resource Manager, known throughout the organization as a diligent and determined individual. Demonstrated expertise in developing and updating the company’s salary budget, evaluation programs and benefits administration.
• Tactful and self-motivated HR Manager with 6 years of extensive experience in handling human resource work within a large sized organization. Highly competent in developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy of the company.