A common question that job applicants ask is, “When to add a summary on a resume?”
The answer to this question is simple: Always.
A profile or summary statement has evolved to become an integral part of an office manager resume.
Below are some guidelines regarding how to construct an impressive and useful resume summary for an office manager position followed by some well-written summary examples.
A compelling resume profile or summary must:
• Be written using strong and job-relevant adjectives
• Directly address the employer’s job requirements
• Showcase the candidate’s core competencies crisply and succinctly in some words.
Ideally, a summary consists of three to four lines and can be formatted using short bullet points if required.
Below are a few examples of resume summaries for an office manager resume.
Sample Summary/Profile Examples for Office Manager Resume
• Resourceful, dynamic and proactive Office Manager with 11+ years’ diverse experience in overall office management. A critical-thinker who is well versed in organizing staff expenditures and office budgets. Excellent communicator with a proven ability to maintain positive, professional interpersonal relationships with staff, co-workers, and clients. Able to coordinate effectively with all levels of management.
• Highly prudent and self-driven office manager with a track record of enhancing the efficiency of workflow while maintaining cost-effectiveness. Exceptional team worker, committed to attaining 100% customer satisfaction while maximizing employee productivity. Expertise includes:
• Team Building and supervision
• Policies understanding and implementation
• Staff meetings and coordination
• Highly skilled office management professional, well-practiced in resolving employer challenges with innovative solutions. Strong organizational skills with a profound ability to coordinate various office operations. Apt in making travel and stay arrangements for international conferences.
• Extremely motivated office manager with strong verbal, listening, and writing skills. An independent worker and multitasker who can negotiate and solve problems quickly. Diverse background includes budget control, inventory management, account payable/receivable, and team supervision.
• 6+ years’ experience in general office management. Track record of supervising daily office tasks, including staff coordination, payroll processing, petty cash handling, budget allocation, and task management. Outgoing team player equipped with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• A well-qualified office manager, experienced in staff-management liaison. Proven skills in workflow enhancement, cost control, and team development — an expert in policy implementation and customer service protocols.