Service occupations are the largest occupational group in the United States of America, and it is no wonder that employers want something “a little extra” when they are hiring people for a service occupation.
An employer hoping to employ an individual as a guest relations manager will scrutinize his resume and cover letter, sniffing out what his exact capabilities are.
And that is why writing a well-rounded resume for this position is very important. Employers want to give their customers an experience that is well-remembered, so you need to provide the prospective employer with something similar.
Where a few mistakes in content and design may be overlooked in another resume, one created for a guest relations manager needs to be flawless.
Guest Relations Manager Resume Example
902 Julie Lane ● Newark, DE 44012 ● (000) 598-4121 ● [Email]
GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER
Repeated records of achievement in customer service and hospitality arena.
Customer-focused Guest Relations Manager known for inspiring staff to excel at delivery of exceptional customer services. Excellent communication and organizational skills with critical thinking aimed at ensuring positive experiences for guests.
• Developed and implemented novel systems to enhance guest experience from pre-arrival to post-departure.
• Coordinated work activities with various departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
• Focused on directing, coaching and supervising staff to ensure delivery of exceptional customer services.
• Track record of identifying, communicating and ensuring action on all sales leads about hotel patrons.
|• Tier-1 services||• Front desk management||• Sales maximization|
|• Team development||• Customer services||• Communication|
|• Safety compliance||• Staff management||• Online promotion|
|• Reservations||• Hospitality||• Dispute handling|
• Retained a particularly irate hotel patron (providing an annual business of $30,000) by employing exceptional customer service measures.
• Increased patronage by 44% by suggesting free offers of spa services with every reservation.
• Trained 55 guest relations officers in 2 years for successful placement in the hotel’s branches in other states.
• Decreased check-in time by 50% by implementing an online check-in system for the hotel’s patrons.
HILTON HOTELS, Newark, DE | 6/2012 to Present
Guest Relations Manager
• Manage front desk operations and cater to the needs of walk-in customers.
• Lead efforts to ensure a positive guest experience through exceptional call handling services.
• Make sure that reservations are taken correctly and that any offers are communicated at the time of booking.
• Coordinate the activities of guest relations officers to ensure that they are always available.
• Analyze customer feedback to ensure delivery of proper customer services.
• Handle staff schedules, rotating shifts and training needs.
• Respond to guests’ needs and anticipate ones that have not been stated.
• Encourage staff members to indulge in suggestive selling such as additional hotel services.
• Respond to escalated complaints with the view to retaining business.
• Oversee the arrival and departure of important guests and corporate clients.
• Appraise staff’s performance and suggest additional training if needed.
• Examine activities logbook, assign tasks and ensure that all tasks are being carried out according to the hotel’s policies.
Guest Relations Officer
HYATT, Newark, DE | 1/2009 to 6/2012
• Greeted hotel patrons as they arrived and inquired into reservation details.
• Assisted walk-in guests through the booking procedure and ensured that their needs are met.
• Provided room booking suggestions and ensured that the process goes smoothly.
• Coordinate efforts with bellboys to assure that guests’ luggage is delivered to their rooms.
• Handled complaints by analyzing situations and coming up with viable solutions.
• Took telephone calls and handled online bookings.
DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY, Newark, DE – 2008
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality