Service occupations are the largest occupational group in the United States, and it is no wonder that employers want something “a little extra” when they are hiring people for a service occupation.
An employer seeking a guest relations manager will scrutinize the Guest Relations Manager resume as the first step in the hiring process. That is why writing a well-rounded resume for this position is very important.
Employers want to give their customers a well-remembered experience, so you need to provide the prospective employer with something similar.
Where a few mistakes in content and design may be overlooked in another resume, one created for a guest relations manager needs to be flawless.
The following sample will guide you on how to write an excellent resume.
GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER
Repeated records of achievement in the customer service and hospitality arena.
Customer-focused Guest Relations Manager, known for inspiring staff to excel at the delivery of exceptional customer services. Excellent communication and organizational skills with critical thinking aimed at ensuring positive experiences for guests.
- Coordinating work activities with various departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Ensuring laser focus on directing, coaching, and supervising staff to ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Identifying, communicating, and ensuring action on all sales leads about hotel patrons.
- Tier-1 services
- Team development
- Safety compliance
- Online promotion
- Dispute handling
- Front desk management
- Developed and implemented novel systems to enhance guest experience from pre-arrival to post-departure
- Retained a particularly demanding hotel patron (providing an annual business of $30,000) by employing exceptional customer service acumen
- Increased patronage by 44% by suggesting free offers of spa services with every reservation
- Trained 55 guest relations officers in 2 years for successful placement in the hotel’s branches in other states
- Decreased check-in time by 50% by implementing an online check-in system for the hotel’s patrons
Guest Relations Manager
HILTON HOTELS, Newark, DE
6/2018 – Present
- Manage front desk operations and cater to the needs of walk-in customers
- Lead efforts to ensure a positive guest experience through exceptional call handling services
- Make sure that reservations are taken correctly and that any offers are communicated at the time of booking
- Coordinate the activities of guest relations officers to ensure that they are always available
- Analyze customer feedback to ensure the delivery of proper customer services
- Handle staff schedules, rotating shifts, and training needs
- Respond to guests’ needs and anticipate ones that have not been stated
- Encourage staff members to indulge in suggestive selling such as additional hotel services
- Respond to escalated complaints with the view to retaining business
- Oversee the arrival and departure of important guests and corporate clients
- Appraise the staff’s performance and suggest additional training if needed
- Examine the activities logbook, assign tasks, and ensure that all functions are being carried out according to the hotel’s policies
Guest Relations Officer
HYATT, Newark, DE
1/2015 – 6/2018
- Greeted hotel patrons and inquired about reservation details
- Assisted walk-in guests through the booking procedure to ensure that their needs are met
- Provided room booking suggestions while ensuring that the process goes smoothly
- Coordinate efforts with bellboys to assure that guests’ luggage was delivered to their rooms
- Handled complaints by analyzing situations and offering appropriate solutions
- Took telephone calls and handled online bookings
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality
Community College, Newark, DE – 2014
Recommended: Guest Relations Manager Cover Letter