Writing a law clerk resume is easy but writing a good one isn’t. Success at building a resume depends on you. The other way around? No! By finding the job, we mean that you need to create/update your resume according to a specific job for which you want to apply. While it is alright to create a core resume and spin off structured resumes according to the specific job advertisement that we want to reply to, one has to be very careful in what information goes into the spun resume.
Each spun resume that you create needs to look structured and fit in well with the needs of the employer. Here is what a job-specific resume looks like:
705 Cordy Road ● Ada, OK 70002 ● (000) 142-1245 ● lisabaker @ email . com
“Friendly, Knowledgeable, Analytical, Computer Savvy”
Professional Summary: Results-oriented Law Clerk with 16-plus-year hands-on experience in collecting and analyzing legal data and advising members of legal teams of precedent facts of each case. Highly experienced in providing assistance in courtroom proceeding, including trials, hearings and bail motions. Verifiable track record in accurately conducting legal analysis and research to aid courtroom proceedings and trial preparations.
CORE LAW COMPETENCIES
|• Evidentiary Exhibits||• Legal Research||• Background Checks|
|• Library Maintenance||• Witness Statements||• Documents Management|
|• Record Searches||• Contract Review||• Statuary Interpretations|
|• Appointments Scheduling||• Trial Briefs Drafting||• Appeals Disposition|
• Cracked a murder case for the prosecutor by researching and finding out a fact which proved to be invaluable during the last court hearing.
• Introduced a novel way of obtaining statements from witnesses, ensuring documentation of all information provided by him or her.
• Singlehandedly maintained the legal library, with over 5200 books and reference guides.
• Maintained liaison with 3 important background check organizations, making the process 59% less cumbersome.
Roig Lawyers, Ada, OK (6/2011 – Present)
• Welcome clients and witnesses and respond to their inquiries regarding legal services and fees
• Conduct legal research by consulting verified sources and provide feedback in the form of reports
• Draft trials briefs along with other legal documents and correspondence
• Interview clients and witnesses and record their responses according to specified procedures
• Manage exhibits and evidence and prepare them for presentation in courtrooms
• Search for and retrieve records on request and ensure both data integrity and confidentiality
GTV LLC, Ada, OK (2/2002 – 6/2011)
• Prepared cases by determining priority of cases and translation of legal documents
• Filed and maintained important information and vital records in a confidential manner
• Prepared affidavits and case correspondence according to provided instructions and within the parameters of legal jargon
• Calculated charges for filing fees and processed payments by following specified accounting procedures
• Received and distributed mail to intended recipients and arranged for outgoing mail to be delivered to couriers
• Processed cases by assigning docket numbers, issuing summons and warrants and filing probation reports
Wilson and Wilson, Ada, OK (1/2001 to 2/2002)
• Performed case related research activities to provide information regarding precedents
• Handled filing and records-keeping duties by ensuring confidentiality and integrity of filed data
• Greeted clients to the office and provided them with preliminary information regarding offered legal services
• Assisted in maintaining legal libraries by ensuring that all books and periodicals are accounted for
• Handled office supplies and equipment inventory and created and maintained liaison with suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of needed office supplies
Bachelor’s Degree in Law (in progress)
Oklahoma State University, Ada, OK
Associate’s Degree in Law – 1999
St Louis Technical College, Ada, OK