Even if you are very experienced Law Firm Clerk, there is a chance that your resume will not be considered. That said, matching your resume to the requirements of the prospective employer is extremely important.
The latest and traditional methods of resume writing are both “in” nowadays – it all depends on what your target company is looking for.
It is important to know that both these methods are critical to moving your resumes along cyber-ways and byways that lead to interview offers.
So it is imperative to build a resume that passes the initial screening – and every other screening on the way.
Here is a resume sample for a law firm / legal clerk that is sure to do this:
See also: Law Firm Clerk Cover Letter
Law Firm Clerk Resume Example
377 Buttercup Lane, Minot, ND 33012
ken.derick @ email . com
Trustworthy and competent clerk with extensive experience in handling clerical and administrative work in a legal office. A hardworking individual who has in-depth knowledge of performing both tier 1 and 2 duties with professionalism. Well-versed in handling diary and practice management duties to ensure smooth office operations. Documented success in performing business development and marketing duties aimed at maintaining a constant supply of work.
• Front Desk • Records Management
• Bookkeeping • Research
• Policies Compliance • Specialization Advice
• Scheduling • Negotiation
• Files Maintenance • Case Allocation
• Correspondence Handling • Rec
• Created a specialized database that catered to information about each barrister on the unit regarding expertise and achievements.
• Introduced a filing system that decreased information pulling time by 63%.
• Led a complex research project for a complicated case and found exact precedents which proved to be invaluable during case proceedings.
• Implemented a fee collection system that sounded alarms about outstanding payment on a periodic basis.
ROBERT HALF, Minot, ND
• Respond to 20+ clients’ requests for information and ask them relevant questions to determine their case details.
• Provide information regarding which attorney will be suitable for the case in question depending on the type of case such as civil or criminal.
• Negotiate fees with clients and arrive at a predetermined fee amount that will benefit both client and attorney.
• Schedule meetings and appointments and follow up with clients to confirm them.
• Create correspondence for communication with clients and the court.
• Receive incoming emails and distribute them to intended recipients within the office.
• Create and maintain case files for each case and ensure that they are filed confidentially.
LIBERTY MUTUAL, Minot, ND | 1/2005 to 5/2006
• Greeted 30+ clients, visitors, and witnesses per day
• Took telephone calls and responded to inquiries regarding types of cases that the firms handle and specialized attorneys.
• Created correspondence and distributed incoming mail.
• Ensured the cleanliness of front desk
• Assisted with filing and records keeping duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
MINOT LAW SCHOOL, Minot, ND – 2001