The term general laborer is usually used for an individual who provides support to skilled laborers in performing their tasks.
These individuals may be hired for small home renovation projects, or large-scale building and construction work, depending on what their placement is.
It is imperative for people hoping to work in this position to possess some knowledge of a multitude of work lines, including construction, carpentry, electrical work, and paint jobs.
Some of the primary duties of a person working as a general laborer are provided in the list below:
Job Description for General Laborer Resume
• Mix mortar according to provided instructions, and pour it in designated /outlined surfaces.
• Dig trenches and ensure that warning signs are erected around dug holes and trenches.
• Assist skilled laborers in erecting walls and assist carpenters and painters in performing their duties.
• Construct and disassemble reinforcement braces, concrete forms, scaffolding, and temporary structures.
• Carry and move bricks, paint cans, cinder blocks, drywall sheets, and electrical spools of wire as instructed.
• Use shovels and backhoes to dig holes and smooth terrains and assist masonry workers in handling their projects efficiently.
• Collect all equipment and leftover materials at the end of the day and store in predefined storage areas.
General Laborer Position Requirements
A high school diploma or a GED equivalent is usually sufficient to work as a general laborer. If you have had some experience in an apprenticeship role, you may be considered an excellent choice to hire at this position.
Once you have spent considerable time in this position, you will be able to determine what it is that you want to take up as skilled work, as you will be going through many work lines.
Skills and Abilities
To be considered eligible to work as a general laborer, it is essential to be physically fit and active. Since you will be performing a lot of duties about physically moving and lifting objects, it is imperative that you have it in you to be able to handle hard physical labor.