School aides supervise students in the lunchroom, classroom (indoor recess), and playground.
They are responsible for assisting teachers and staff during and after school hours.
Their typical duties include overseeing students in the classroom, playground, cafeteria, during pick and drop, and even on field trips.
They also provide support to lead teachers in looking after students in class by helping them with assignments and escorting them to the bathroom when necessary.
They usually work on a one-on-one basis with students to ensure that they all meet the demands of the instruction provided to them.
People applying for this position needs to be well qualified for providing individual support and need to portray their qualifications when applying in this capacity.
Cover letters for school aide resume especially need to present information in a manner that is sure to catch an employer’s eye.
School Aide Cover Letter Sample
217 Spring Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 63790
April 20, 2022
Mr. Harley Higgins
Manager Human Resources
Learning To Rise
390 Dark Canyon Road
Sioux Falls, SD 73891
Dear Mr. Higgins:
I am sending this letter and enclosed resume as an application for the School Aide position. My past experiences and a strong commitment to adhere to the employer’s core values combined with my passion for following instructions make me a perfect candidate for this position.
I can describe myself in two words “Critical thinker and Problem solver”. I possess a diverse skill set to contribute to the mission of your school district:
• Skilled in supervising students in lunchroom, playground, and classroom.
• Particularly effective in escorting students to and from their buses and assisting them during lunchtime.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain meaningful rapport with students, parents, and teachers.
• Known for keeping a vigilant eye on suspicious activities and monitoring on-campus events to ensure the safety of staff and students.
• Able to perform light housekeeping and grounds-keeping tasks.
As a competent and dependable School Aide, I would like to meet with you in person to further discuss the possibility of working with your school. I will call you after two weeks to confirm the receipt of my job application. Meanwhile, I can be reached at (000) 123-9999.
Thank you for your time and consideration.