SEO or search engine optimization is used to increase the visibility of a website on the World Wide Web. With most of us depending on the Internet to get help, it is important to find the right type of information. Companies employ the services of search engine optimization experts to help them achieve their website optimization goals.
SEO professionals select relevant keywords and manage content to highlight a company’s presence on the web.
It is a complicated process which can only be performed by a dedicated individual or a team of professionals who are trained in search engine optimization services and possess in-depth knowledge of how the search engines work.
SEO professionals are also required to possess some information about their particular niche and marketing strategies which help them handle SEO functions appropriately.
Since there are many positions that you can work on as part of an SEO team, let us talk about a general overview of what working as an SEO professional entails. Below is a list of duties that may help you make a good resume:
Sample Job Description for SEO Resume
• Meet clients to determine their website’s SEO needs and delve into business details to plan the strategy.
• Provide clients with a live preview of how search engine optimization works.
• Develop and execute search engine optimization strategies to suit the needs of the business.
• Write quality content for websites.
• Proofread content written by content writers.
• Build quality back-links using ethical SEO strategies.
• Analyze company’s marketing plan and ensure that SEO strategies are in sync with them.
• Assist in creating performance metric reports using a variety of Internet tools.
• Find and target keywords to increase the visibility of a website in search engines.
• Conduct tests to evaluate the performance of search engine optimization strategies.
• Handle definition of SE forecasts and monitoring procedures.
• Develop diverse ways of improving site performance akin to bounces, ranking and time on site.
• Conduct tests of on and off page traffic.
• Establish benchmarks for measuring SEO impact and record performance.
• Perform analysis based on marketing initiatives and provide recommendations.
• Monitor market trends and identify and explore new opportunities for optimization.
• Provide recommendations on keyword selection and manage content optimization and development procedures.
• Create analytic reports and address any findings aimed at low optimization.
• Evaluate search results and make plans to improve rankings.