A resume for search engine optimization position is more than a just list of credentials. It is a self-marketing document that aims at portraying the candidate in a favorable light in the eyes of the prospective employer. Planning for resume writing is just like planning to write a search engine friendly webpage.
To build an effective resume for SEO job, go through the detailed SEO job description first. After identifiedfying the exact demands of the prospective employer, make a list of your relevant seacrch engine optimization skills, competencies and accomplishments. Write short yet descriptive bullet phrases in order to build a strong profile of your qualifications. There are many built-in resume templates available on internet – do not use them. As recruiters go through many resumes on daily basis, therefore a built-in template will not be a good choice to help you stand out.
Below is a sample resume for SEO Specialist to guide you further in this regard.
450 Diamond Blvd • Tucson, AZ 65009 • (005) 444-3333 • samuel @ email . com
Reliably improving websites’ in SERPs.
Performance Profile: Tech-savvy, self-reliant professional with a 6+ years’ track record of reviewing, analyzing and developing websites for search engine optimization. Well-versed in identifying the content areas that need to improved, deleted, or revised. Action driven individual with a demonstrated ability to improve and modify content optimization strategies. Adept at performing site analysis, keyword research and mapping. Known for identifying the most relevant and profitable keywords for client sites. Extensive knowledge of white-hat SEO tactics and capable of increasing site authority through natural link building.
CORE SEO COMPETENCIES
|• Landing Page Quality||• Keyword Research||• Speed Optimization|
|• Keywords Placement||• Backlinks Development||• Content Management|
|• Webpage Design||• Social Media Interaction||• Navigation Improvement|
|• PPC Campaigns||• Meta/Heading Tags||• Trends Identification|
|• Mobile Strategies||• Offpage/Onpage SEO||• Data Analysis|
• Analytics Tools: Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends
• Bid Management Tools: Click Equations, Search Ignite, Marin, Kenshoo
• Planned and executed a successful PPC campaign resulting in a 80% increase in the web traffic
• Re-optimized 20+ websites reviving and surpassing their initial traffic rates by 50%
• Leveraged web 2.0 sites to publish content with back links, doubling the site’s traffic
• Successfully managed campaign expenses which reduced monthly costs by $80000
ROI REVOLUTION, Tucson, AZ (6/2011 to Present)
• Develop and implement effective SEO strategies for maximum content promotion
• Issue periodic analytic and ranking reports for the clients and management
• Utilize and test PPC data into the SEO strategy and keep it update with contemporary optimization requirements
STAR MEDIA GROUP, Tucson, AZ (3/2009 to 5/2011)
• Conducted keyword research and selected product specific keywords for PPC campaigns
• Edited and optimized content to be published on daily basis through inbound link development
• Carried out on-page marketing activities and updated promotional banners regularly
ASPIRE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Tucson, AZ – 2009
BS – Information Technology
Major: Web Development
Last updated on