An objective statement is an excellent opportunity to set the tone for your IT Internship resume.
An internship objective is more specific than regular work objectives.
If you are seeking an IT internship, then you are probably a student or a new graduate, and your work objective needs to be formulated accordingly.
You might want to state why you want to utilize your skills in a particular field or position.
- Is it your course requirement?
- Is it for you to gain some experience?
- Do you aim at professional development in the field?
An IT internship can be undertaken for all of the above reasons.
You need to determine your purpose of applying first.
It is common practice to mention your core competencies in the objective statement of the IT Internship resume.
This helps the recruiter in gaining a quick understanding of the type of work you will be capable of handling, thus saving a lot of time.
Shortlisting the competencies to mention in your IT internship resume is a crucial task.
It is quite possible that you possess specific expertise the employer could use, but since you have not mentioned it in the objective, you could be rejected then and there.
To avoid such misfortune, you need to play safe. That can be quickly done by finding out a bit about the current needs of the prospective employer.
Prioritize those skills from your profile in your objective that the employer is presumably seeking.
‘Enthusiasm and Energy’ are the 2 E’s that are a must for an intern objective statement.
You need to communicate a willingness to learn and work with the team while contributing productively.
Related: IT Internship Cover Letter
5 Best IT Internship Resume Objective Examples
1. Seeking an internship opportunity in the field of information technology. Offering remarkable skills in software development and system troubleshooting. Strong desire to learn with a profound ability to work efficiently without supervision.
2. Self-motivated and driven Information technology student. Seeking a platform to put technical skills to use in favor of the hiring company.
3. To gain experience in the IT field while putting my acquired skills and training in activities to benefit the hiring company.
4. Seeking an IT internship at HP solutions utilizing strong technical competencies with the intention of enhancing the quality of customer services.
5. To gain professional competence in the field of IT while contributing effectively to the success of HP Solutions.