A Background Investigator resume’s main purpose is to encourage a hiring manager to call a candidate in for an interview.
There are many ways in which resumes can be written to impress.
Since there is no one way to write a perfect resume, let us give you a format that you can use to base your resume on:
Background Investigator Resume Example
64 Michigan Street South
Spearfish, SD 57721
daveper @ email . com
Highly experienced background investigator with over 11 years’ track record of success conducting comprehensive interviews with subjects, employers, associates, and references, aiming to obtain facts to resolve material issues, and to establish the background, reputation, character, and suitability of subjects.
Performs complete, thorough and comprehensive background investigations, and determines applicants’ suitability by confirming and analyzing information determined through investigations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|✓ Interview Handling||✓ Information Gathering||✓ Results Analysis|
|✓ Referral Requests||✓ Data Collation||✓ Research Work|
|✓ Selection Process Support||✓ Credit Checks||✓ Driving Records Review|
|✓ Employment Verification||✓ Criminal Checks||✓ Authenticity Confirmation|
• Saved the company from potential harm by performing a detailed investigative background of a prospective employee, and highlighting his unsavory past.
• Implemented a novel data collection method, which significantly reduced the time it took to gather and collate background information.
• Conducted 12 background check interviews in one day, providing all reporting within 12 hours.
• Replaced the old credit checking system with a more efficient one, reducing the time it took to check online credit histories.
Command Investigations, Spearfish, SD | 1/2011 – Present
• Confer with employers or clients to determine their specific needs for background investigations.
• Make notes of required information, and determine ways of going about handling background investigations.
• Engage subjects in conversation to obtain information regarding previous employers and residential statuses.
• Conduct research to discover subjects’ past lives, including employment information, and personal background data.
• Check various public records, associated with subjects’ past and present professional and personal statuses.
• Confirm authenticity of documents provided by subjects, and provide correlating information to the employer.
• Ascertain that all acquired information is properly and confidentially placed in a safe place.
• Create and document clear and concise reports regarding each conducted investigation.
Assistant Background Investigator
Background Checkers, Spearfish, SD | 2/2006 – 1/2011
• Assisted investigators in deriving background information from various identified sources.
• Performed research on applicants’ / subjects’ financial, professional and personal backgrounds.
• Compiled all acquired data into reports and spreadsheets, and presented them to investigators.
• Created and maintained effective liaison with different agencies to ensure easy and accurate obtainment of information.
• Ascertained that all obtained data was compiled according to protocol, and saved in a confidential manner.
Spearfish High School, Spearfish, SD – 2004
High School Diploma