Fraud investigators perform internal and external investigations, incident prevention, policy implementation, as well as regulatory compliance and reporting. They are hired to decipher criminal deceptions that may harm the company.
Once valid charges are made, a fraud investigator has to contact law enforcement agencies to apprehend the criminals involved. On a typical workday, a fraud investigator will investigate employment records and communications to determine the nature of fraud involved.
They perform background checks on people involved in fraud and usually work undercover although some information can only be obtained by interviewing people face to face.
While there are no specific educational prerequisites for this position, employers prefer that the people that they hire as fraud investigators possess a bachelor’s degree.
A resume is a difficult thing to write mainly when you are applying for a position where your mental stealth is a virtue that you have to depend on to get a job.
When applying for a job of this nature, it is vital that your resume reflects your ability to undertake the projects assigned to you. Let us take the example of a fraud investigator here.
The following resume sample will be useful for you if you are looking for a position in the Fraud Investigator capacity.
Fraud Investigator Resume Example
1890 Orchard Street, Horseheads, NY 67900
Dedicated and vigilant Fraud Investigator with ten years’ successful track record. Demonstrated expertise in analytical techniques, and active know-how of contemporary trends in fraudulent activities. Adept at utilizing modern technology to combat fraud and make appropriate recommendations. Extremely knowledgeable in deposit operations, lending operations, and physical security tools and videos to investigate suspicious activity.
SYNOPSIS OF ACHIEVEMENTS
• Incorporated a fraud deterrent policy as part of the new hire procedure that brought about a substantial decrease in fraudulent activities.
• Trained newly hired fraud investigation teams to carry out professional fraud investigation services.
• Apprehended a particularly stealthy criminal from inside the company who had been elusive for over five years.
• Wrote a paper on Corporate Fraud Investigations published in Corporate Mumbo Jumbo’s August 2012 edition.
Kohl – Horseheads, NY
Dec 2003 – Present
• Conduct investigations into fraud claims.
• Interview witnesses and collect evidence.
• Check financial and employee records.
• Verify employee backgrounds.
• Evaluate and track allegations of fraud.
• Determine the intent and origin of fraudulent activities.
• Apprehend criminals and contact law enforcement agencies.
• Prepare reports after each investigation.
Kohl’s – Horseheads, NY
Jan 2003 – Dec 2003
• Assisted in research and investigation into fraudulent corporate activities.
• Performed witness interviews as instructed.
• Maintained records of parties’ interactions for case preparation purposes.
• Assessed evidence in accordance to set investigation protocols.
• Maintained all paperwork and reports filing.
Horseheads City College, Horseheads, NY
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology – 2000