It does not matter if you are applying for a paid internship or an unpaid one; your resume should reflect what capabilities you could bring to the prospective company.
This is especially true if you are preparing a resume for an internship in public relations where your communication skills will be judged quite severely.
Resumes which are written for public relations positions must be highly detailed.
True that first-time interns do not have the experience to brag about, but they can very well portray their skills.
So what does one write in a Public Relations internship Resume?
There is a lot that you can write, especially where your skills are concerned.
Have a look at the following resume sample for a PR internship position that you can use as a basis for writing your own.
Sample Resume for Public Relations Internship
900 Leib Drive, New Franklin, OH 71000
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
Poised to contribute to the success of ABC Company by performing all kinds of support tasks.
A dynamic individual with superior communication skills aimed at handling the communication needs of the company. Highly skilled at carrying out public relations work following company directives. In-depth knowledge of handling media monitoring and research duties, along with managing the influx of communications requests. Adept at creating and proofing public relations materials such as media alerts, news releases, fact sheets, and status reports.
University of Ohio, New Franklin, OH | 2013
BS, Public Administration
✔ Media relations Development
✔ Media event planning
✔ Data output
✔ Databases handling
✔ Vendors’ management
✔ Information accuracy
✔ Presentations delivery
✔ Customer relationships
- Correspondence handling
- Email processing
- Mail management
- Envelopes stuffing
• Awarded Head of Student Problems, a student group formed to handle the communication needs of the students
• Achieved success in assisting the public relations staff of Nestle in developing an ongoing communication program for students as part of their college interaction project
• Attained the Dean’s Honor List for three years following exceptional academic excellence
• Wrote a paper on student relations and communication needs which was published in PR Weekly magazine
Ohio College of Communications, Dayton, OH
Jan 2021 – Feb 2021
• Created liaison between students and staff in order to bring issues to the table
• Assisted both students and faculty in managing conflicts appropriately
• Built structured programs to bring parents, teachers, and students on one platform
• Performed research and event planning activities in order to uphold communication directives
• Assisted college office team in handling their communication needs by providing result-oriented research information
• Exceptional knowledge of public relations directives and their applications
• Excellent people skills aimed at bringing members of different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds together on one platform
• Ability to conduct market research and analyze results appropriately
• Conflict management