A well-formatted resume for public relations associate position can multiply your chances of being called in for a job interview. Here are some resume writing tips in this regard:
• Understand the purpose of your resume. That is to say; it has to be a targeted document that aims at landing you an interview for your dream job. It is definitely not meant to be a long boring autobiography.
• Backup your strengths with solid professional accomplishments rather than merely enlisting them.
• The organization of the Public Relations Associate resume is crucial if you want the employer to read your resume. Organize all your content into carefully drawn sections. A resume is not the place for scattered information.
Take a look at the resume example given below for further guidance.
Public Relations Associate Resume Sample
213 Bakers Lane, Manhattan, NY 67221
oliver @ email . com
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
An outgoing PR expert with excellent attention to detail, comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and public. Strong team leader, known for tenacity, and demonstrated a ‘can-do’ attitude. Track record of planning and pitching numerous successful PR campaigns. Ability to build relationships with customers, employees, and managers. Proven skills in competition surveys and market research.
– PR Growth
– Reactive Media Response
– Placement Landing
– Relationship Building
– Publicity Campaigns
– PR Tracking
– Media Interaction
– Social Media Campaigns
– Competition Survey
• Enhanced PR operations by 40% through researching and drafting of various pertinent press materials including releases, pitches, and alerts.
• Oversaw PR launching and media collaboration for a re-branding project worth $20M successfully and effectively.
• Added FOX Marketing and HJ Media to media partners list for the form after a lot of negotiation and resourcing.
• Earned the Most Talented employee award in 2018.
Public Relations Associate
BSHEC QUEES, Manhattan, NY | 6/2017 – Present
• Collaborate with external PR agencies for media outreach, event tracking, and channel management.
• Design and execute integrated PR campaigns throughout social media and local media platforms.
• Cultivate and foster productive relationships with traditional and social media partners through regular contact, meetings, and briefings.
Public Relations Assistant
AVON COSMETICS, Manhattan, NY | 4/2013 – 6/2017
• Developed and maintained resources in media and managed reactive media responses effectively.
• Built and enhanced relationships with local media and bloggers to facilitate PR development.
• Monitored and maintained active social media campaigns and responded to Google alerts.
Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations
THE COMMUNITY COLLGE, Manhattan, NY, 2008