An well-formatted resume for public relations associate position can multiply your chances of being called in for a job interview. Here are some resume writing tips for your consideration.
• Understand the purpose of your resume. It has to be a targeted document that aims at landing you an interview for your dream job. It is definitely not meant to be a long boring autobiography.
• Backup your strengths with solid professional accomplishments rather than merely enlisting them.
• Organization is crucial if you want the employer to read your resume. Organize all your content into carefully drawn sections. Resume is not the place for scattered information.
Have a look at the resume sample given below for further guidance.
213 Bakers Lane • Manhattan, NY 67221 • (006) 444-3333 • oliver @ email . com
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: An outgoing PR expert who is attentive to detail and is comfortable in interacting at all levels of the organization and public. Strong team leader, known for tenacity and demonstrated ‘can-do’ attitude. Track record of planning and pitching numerous successful PR campaigns. Experienced in building and managing relationships with customers, employees and managers. Proven skills in competition survey and market research.
|● PR Growth||● Reactive Media Response||● Placement Landing|
|● Relationship Building||● Publicity Campaigns||● PR Tracking|
|● Re-branding||● Media Interaction||● Media Resourcing|
|● Brand Launching||● Social Media Campaigns||● Competition Survey|
• Enhanced PR operations by 40% through researching and drafting of various pertinent press materials including releases, pitches and alerts
• Oversaw PR launching and media collaboration for a re-branding a project worth $20M successfully and effectively
• Added FOX Marketing and HJ Media to media partners list for the form after a lot of negotiation and resourcing
• Earned the Most Talented employee award on 2011
BSHEC QUEES, Manhattan, NY, 6/2010 to Present
Public Relations Associate
• Collaborate with external PR agencies for media outreach, event tracking and channel management
• Design and execute integrated PR campaigns throughout social media and local media platforms
• Cultivate and foster productive relationships with traditional and social media partners through regular contact, meetings and briefings
AVON COSMETICS, Manhattan, NY,24/2008 to 5/2010
Public Relations Assistant
• Developed and maintained resources in media and managed reactive media responses effectively
• Built and enhanced relationships with local media and bloggers to facilitate PR development
• Monitored and maintained active social media campaigns and responded to Google alerts
THE COMMUNITY COLLGE, Manhattan, NY, 2008
Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations