As a front office intern, you’ll be learning a lot. In fact, working in this position will acquaint you with a great deal of office work, not just related to the front office.
Typically, the job of a front desk intern is to greet visitors and handle their queries.
Since they are in the learning stage, they work alongside front desk representatives or officers in order to learn the tricks of the trade.
If you want to begin your career as a front office intern, you should have a look at what the following list of duties has to say:
Front Office Intern Job Description for Resume
• Greet customers or visitors as they arrive at the office.
• Provide information such as services offered and available products to customers.
• Direct customers or visitors to the right department or people.
• Engage people in conversation in order to determine their specific reasons for visiting.
• Man the telephone exchange.
• Take calls and respond to inquiries.
• Handle filing and record keeping duties in accordance with the front desk officer’s instructions.
• Monitor security alarms to ensure that all is under control.
• Receive mail, check recipient information, and distribute it to the right people.
• Route calls to the right people within the company.
• Politely instruct visitors to wait in the waiting area for their turns.
• Call out visitors’ names when it’s time for their appointments.
• Schedule meetings and conferences in sync with executives’ calendars.
• Validate visitors’ parking tickets.
• Issue parking passes to visitors.
• Handle follow up meetings and appointments.
• Take dictation for memos and minutes of the meeting and hand out copies to the right personnel.
• Ensure that office supplies and equipment such as papers, files, and fax machines are always available and in good working order.
• Create and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors in order to obtain supplies in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of front desk areas.
Front Office Intern Qualifications
Technically, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a front office intern.
Knowledge of office procedures such as filing and record keeping come in handy. In addition, a set of skills is required to be considered for this position.
This would include the ability to work in an organized manner, knowledge of greeting people, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle telephone exchanges.