Fashion Designer’s Resume Writing Tips
The one and only purpose of a Resume and Cover Letter for Fashion Designer position is to get you an interview.
Your resume should:
• About you and your relevant skills and qualifications – not about your overall career history.
• Focus on the future – not the past i.e. what could you do for the prospective employer.
• Draw attention towards your achievements – rather than job descriptions.
Career as a Fashion Designer
Being a fashion designer is a very interesting line of work. Fashion designers create concepts on which the fashion industries of the world revolve. They pencil drawings of what everyone should be wearing and transform drawings into attire. Thinking of applying as a fashion designer? Well, you may customize this resume to your own qualifications!
Fashion Designer Resume Sample
736 Mike Shapiro Drive • Clinton, MD 66633 • (001) 910-4109 • Email
To work for Haute Couture as a Fashion Designer. Utilizing imaginative and creativite ideas as well as knowledge of current fashion trends in order to create novel clothing items.
• Over two years of experience as a Fashion Designer
• Highly skilled in designing both apparel and textiles
• Hands on experience in providing clothing guidance and support for high end fashion and official wear
• In depth knowledge of previous styles and current trends along with proficiency in fashion history
• Able to use computer programs for the creation of designs
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills
• Able to meet deadlines
• Profound ability to follow and understand trends
• Knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication and sewing machines
• Designed a complex wardrobe for the play based on Phantom of the Opera running at Auditorium
• Wrote a paper on the past, present and future of the American fashion industry published in Fashionista of March 2011
Catwalk – Clinton, MD
Fashion Designer September 2010 – Present
• Develop and design fashion collections
• Work with the stitching staff to ensure design protocols are being followed
• Create graphic designs for store display
• Develop design schedules for team members
• Assist in styling of garments at photo sessions and shoots
Maryland State University – Clinton, MD
Bachelor of Fine Arts – 2009
Major: Fashion Design