Being a fashion designer is an exciting line of work. Fashion designers create concepts on which the fashion industries of the world revolve.
They make drawings of what everyone should be wearing and transform drawings into attire.
ARe you thinking of applying as a fashion designer? Well, then you should see the following sample and tips.!
Fashion Designer Resume Tips
The only purpose of a Resume and Cover Letter for Fashion Designer position is to get you an interview.
Your resume should:
• About you and your relevant skills and qualifications – not about your overall career history.
• Focus on the future, not the past, i.e., what could you do for the prospective employer.
• Highlight your achievements in a separate section.
Fashion Designer Resume Example
736 Mike Shapiro Drive • Clinton, MD 66633 • (001) 910-4109 • Email
Bringing imaginative and creative ideas as well as knowledge of current fashion trends to create novel clothing items.
• Over 13 years of experience working as a creative Fashion Designer
• Highly skilled in designing both apparel and textiles
• Hands on experience in providing clothing guidance and support for high-end fashion and official wear
• In-depth knowledge of old styles and current trends along with proficiency in fashion history
• Able to use computer programs for the creation of designs
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills
• Able to meet deadlines
• Profound ability to follow and understand trends
• Knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication and sewing machines
• Designed a complex wardrobe for the play based on Phantom of the Opera running at Auditorium.
• Wrote a paper on the past, present, and future of the American fashion industry published in Fashionista of March 2011.
Catwalk – Clinton, MD
Fashion Designer 2010 – Present
• Develop and design fashion collections
• Work with the stitching staff to ensure design protocols are being followed
• Create graphic designs for store display
• Develop design schedules for team members
• Assist in the styling of garments at photo sessions and shoots
AAA Company – Clinton, MD
Fashion Designer 2005 – 2010
• Developed and introduced designs that follow the overall product strategy of the brand
• Prepared technical sketches and drawings of ideas
• Conducted product research, discovered new trends, and analyzed data
• Adhered to product design deadlines
Maryland State University – Clinton, MD
Bachelor of Fine Arts – 2009
Major: Fashion Design
“I offer a very high level of creativity, enthusiasm, and overall readiness to achieve the goals.”