Software Interns are entry-level developers of engineers who are taking a temporary position in the IT department of a company to acquire skills and knowledge in the software field.
A software intern resume facilitates the employer to know about your present level of expertise. In fact, this document helps them to figure out the skills you have developed through your education and relevant projects.
How to Write a Great Resume for Software Intern?
The following 7 tips will guide you on how to write a perfect resume for software internship position.
- Start your resume with an objective statement.
- Focus on your software development skills, as well as technological knowledge.
- Mention your relevant educational background that you will be able to use during the internship.
- Add information about any volunteer experiences and classroom projects.
- Customize your resume as per the needs of the company,
- The length of your resume should not exceed one page.
- Proofread before sending it.
The following sample software intern resume will give you a clear idea of how to write a winning resume. Feel free to modify this example as per your needs.
Sample Resume for Software Internship
31 8th Street, New York, NY 69877
Committed to contributing to the success of the company.
Seeking a position as a Software Engineer Intern with Innovation LLC. Utilizing exceptional software engineering skills, as well as experiences gained through relevant education and projects.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows and AIX operating systems
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, C#, VB.NET
Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
Mobile Development: iOS, Android
Pursuing a BS Degree in Software Engineering
The City College of New York, New York, NY
Software Engineering Volunteer
Crowdtap, New York, NY
May 2020 – Sep 2020
- Learned different technologies by working with experienced software engineers
- Designed, built, and tested the core components of the platform
- Investigated solutions to platform requirements
- Designed and developed solutions for top customer issues
- Assisted in tools creation, to improve supportability
[Give details of your relevant projects here]
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to think out of the box in order to get things done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies.
Recommended: Software Engineer Intern Resume Sample