The purpose of a Software Internship is to help you get hands-on experience to compliment your academic experience in software engineering or development field.
An resume for internship positions facilitates the employer to know about your present level of expertise and skill developed through your education and relevant projects.
In your resume, you should focus on your software development and technological skills, as well as your educational background and communication skills that you will be able to use during internship.
The following sample will give you a clear idea how to write a winning resume for a software internship position. Feel free to modify this sample as per your needs.
Software Intern Resume Example
31 Example Street, New York, NY 69877
(000) 258-9695 | sara.smith @ email . com
Seeking a position as a Software Engineering Intern with Innovation LLC utilizing exceptional software engineering skills, and abilities and experiences gained through relevant education and projects to contribute to the ongoing success of company.
• Operating Systems: Linux, windows and AIX operating systems
• Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, C# and VB.NET
• Database: Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
• Mobile Development: iOS, Android
The City College of New York, New York, NY
Pursuing BS Degree in Software Engineering
Software Engineering Intern | Crowdtap, New York, NY | Summer 2015
• Learned different technologies by working with experienced software engineers
• Designed, built and tested the core components of the platform
• Investigated solutions to platform requirements
• Designed and developed solutions for top customer issue
• Assisted in tools creation to improve supportability
[Give details of your relevant projects here]
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Able to thinking out of the box to get things done
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong desire and aptitude to learn new technologies