Software Interns are entry-level workers taking a temporary position in the IT department of a company in order to acquire skills and knowledge in the software field.
A software intern resume facilitates the employer to know about your present level of expertise. In fact, this document helps them to figure out the skills that you have developed through your education and relevant projects.
How to Write a Software Intern Resume?
- Start your resume with an objective statement.
- Focus on your software development skills, as well as technological knowledge.
- Mention your relevant educational background that you will be able to use during the internship.
- Add information about any volunteer experiences and classroom projects.
- Customize your resume as per the needs of the company,
- The length of your resume should not exceed one page.
- Proofread before sending it.
Given these points, the following sample software intern resume will give you a clear idea of how to write a winning resume.
Feel free to modify this sample as per your needs.
See also: Software Engineer Intern Resume Sample
Software Intern Resume Example
31 8th Street, New York, NY 69877
Committed to contributing to the ongoing success of the company.
Seeking a position as a Software Engineer Intern with Innovation LLC. Utilizing exceptional software engineering skills, as well as experiences gained through relevant education and projects.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows and AIX operating systems
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, C#, VB.NET
Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
Mobile Development: iOS, Android
Pursuing a BS Degree in Software Engineering
The City College of New York, New York, NY
Software Engineering Volunteer
Crowdtap, New York, NY
Jan 2020 – Feb 2020
• Learned different technologies by working with experienced software engineers
• Designed, built and tested the core components of the platform
• Investigated solutions to platform requirements
• Designed and developed solutions for top customer issues
• Assisted in tools creation, to improve supportability
[Give details of your relevant projects here]
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Able to think out of the box in order to get things done.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong desire to learn new technologies.