Software Interns are entry-level developers of engineers who are taking a temporary position in the IT department of a company to acquire skills and knowledge in the software field.
A software intern resume facilitates the recruiter to know about your present level of expertise.
In fact, this document helps employers to figure out the skills you have developed through your education and relevant projects.
How to Write a Great Resume for Software Development and Engineering Internship?
The following 7 tips will guide you on how to write a perfect resume for a software internship position.
- Start your resume with an objective statement.
- Focus on your software development abilities, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Mention your relevant educational background that you will be able to use during the internship.
- Add information about any volunteer experiences and classroom projects.
- Customize your resume as per the needs of the company,
- The length of your resume should not exceed one page.
- Proofread before sending it.
The following sample software intern resume will give you a clear idea of how to write a winning resume. Feel free to modify this example as per your needs.
Sample Resume for Software Internship
31 8th Street, New York, NY 69877
Committed to contributing to the success of the company.
Seeking a position as a Software Engineer Intern with Innovation LLC. Utilizing exceptional software engineering skills, as well as experiences gained through relevant education and projects.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, and AIX operating systems
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, C#, VB.NET
Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
Mobile Development: iOS, Android
BS Degree in Software Engineering
The City College of New York, New York, NY
Expected Completion Date: May 2022
Volunteer Software Engineer
Crowdtap, New York, NY
Sep 2021 – Jan 2022
- Learned different technologies by working with experienced software engineers
- Designed, built, and tested the core components of the platform
- Investigated solutions to platform requirements
- Designed and developed solutions for top customer issues
- Assisted in tools creation, to improve supportability
[Give details of your relevant projects here]
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to think out of the box in order to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills