A fashion assistant works very closely with a fashion designer to coordinate activities that deal with the fashion industry.
To meet the criteria for the job of a fashion assistant, it is essential that you obtain relevant training, certification, and education.
Due to less competition in this field, there are excellent job opportunities in this line of work.
Think about “marketing techniques” when writing a resume for a Fashion Assistant. This will do wonders for you in your hiring process.
You need to ensure that your resume is targeted to the employer’s requirements.
Make necessary amendments to your resume for every employer or company.
Fashion Assistant Resume Example
7 Dickinson Drive
Taunton, MA 88272
Strong passion for high-end retail fashion.
• Results-driven and enthusiastic individual with 7+ years’ progressive experience working in the fashion industry.
• Demonstrated ability to study and observe modern fashion trends
• Hands-on experience in sketching designs for clothes, selecting fabrics and colors, and managing the complete design of the clothing.
• Anticipate customers’ choices and preferences and work accordingly to provide them with the best solution.
• In-depth knowledge of formulating marketing strategies to boost sales.
• Proficient in directing and coordinating workers in drawing and pattern cutting.
• Able to use fashion-related software.
• Launched a new line of clothes, independently and successfully, in the absence of the Fashion Designer.
• Increased general sales at Rayon by $40000 per year by introducing novel sales strategies.
FASHION RELATED EXPERIENCE
Rayon – Taunton, MA
Feb 2014 – Present
• Select fabric and textiles for stitching purposes.
• Deliver completed products from the designers to the store.
• Supervise sales and oversee production costs along with managing income projections.
• Arrange product showings at malls, exhibitions, and other stores when instructed.
GTN- Taunton, MA
Jan 2011 – Feb 2014
• Identified target markets and formulated production plans accordingly.
• Assisted and advised customers to choose the correct combination from an array of clothes and accessories.
• Handled and resolved customer complaints.
Associate of Arts in Fashion and Design
Taunton City College, Taunton, MA – 2008
• Excellent communication and people’s skills
• Committed to providing exceptional customer services
• Demonstrated ability to work under stress
Related: Fashion Assistant Cover Letter