Okay, let us take your word for it – you are an excellent housekeeper! But can you make a prospective employer believe that too? How would you? Through a resume, of course! But wait!
Is your resume for the housekeeping position up to the mark?
Does it have the X factor that employers look for in every resume nowadays?
You don’t think so?
Well, let’s put in the X factor. No, it is not easy to make your resume stand out, but it is not impossible either. If you have it in you, you can certainly put it on paper. And people believe a lot in what they see on paper.
After you have made a list of your qualifications, competencies, and achievements, you need to see how you can effectively put them all in a resume.
Each part of your resume has a specific function. Use it to your benefit. Still unsure of how to go about writing a resume for a housekeeping job?
Here is one for a hotel housekeeper. Take a look!
536 Stapleton Road, Leesburg, GA 10293
ojames @ email . com
Strong drive o excel in hotel housekeeping arena.
Adaptable and well-organized professional with extensive experience in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and presentation in a hotel environment. Hands-on approach to handling high volume work along with a reliable nature and the ability to work on own initiative. Functional ability to lead housekeeping activities in sync with designated schedules
• Track record of carrying out cleaning and maintenance tasks by following set hotel procedures and protocols.
• Skilled in maintaining inventories and creating liaison with suppliers, to ensure consistency of supplies.
• “Can do” attitude coupled with a friendly approach, aimed at providing the epitome of guest services.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Hotel sanitation
• Hospitality protocols
• Equipment handling
• Pool maintenance
• Restorative cleaning
• OSHA and ADA
• Staff training
• Laundry management
• Inventory handling
• Guest relations
• Reduced large areas cleaning time by 70% by introducing the concept of “specialized cleaning equipment” for hospitality environments.
• Initiated a 2-year contract with a local laundromat, saving the hotel $42,000 annually.
• Increased housekeeping staff efficiency by 60% by providing them with “work orders” on a daily basis.
• Saved the hotel 70% on linen cost by suggesting bulk buying from a local linen supplier.
Hyatt, Leesburg, GA | 6/2006-Present
• Perform preseason duties such as setting up and guests rooms for opening
• Clean rooms, lounges, and bathrooms by vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and washing
• Dust and polish furniture and ensure that bathroom supplies are replenished
• Clean and maintain common hotel areas such as lobbies and sitting rooms
• Make beds and change linen on schedule or on a when-needed basis
• Gather dirty laundry and arrange for it to be taken to the laundromat
• Ensure that each laundry bag is properly tagged when packed
• Return appropriate laundry bag to guestroom when cleaned
• Stock and maintain supply rooms and maintain contact with vendors to ensure consistent supply
• Assist guests with reasonable housekeeping requests and respond to their queries
The Hilton View, Leesburg, GA | 1/2005-6/2006
• Responded to requests for housekeeping services such as laundry pick and delivery
• Replenished bathroom items such as soap, toilet paper, and towels
• Cleaned rooms by dusting the furniture and vacuuming carpets
• Made beds and changed linens according to provided schedules
• Ensured that any spills were cleaned immediately
• Washed and disinfected bathrooms
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Leesburg, GA
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Basic knowledge of computers
• Able to lift and carry heavy items