The term “housekeeper” is used to describe an individual who is responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of a hotel, hospital, or house.
Housekeepers are popular employees in all industries. Large households, hotels, and hospitals need the help of a housekeeper to make sure that everything is in order. Not to mention, their work is extremely important and the role is interesting, to say the least.
A housekeeping resume is a one- to two-page document that contains a candidate’s qualifications for the housekeeper job. It is a marketing tool that job seekers use to communicate their skills and potential to employers.
How to Write a Professional Resume for a Housekeeper Position?
- Choose a simple layout and format.
- Start your resume with a summary or objective statement, or career highlights.
- Replace the paragraphs with short bullet points.
- Highlight only your relevant skills, qualifications, and experiences.
- Shorten your experience section as much as possible.
- Include a quantified and verifiable professional housekeeping accomplishments section.
- Write your housekeeping skills such as cleaning, organization, customer service, and record-keeping.
- Use correct grammar and spelling.
- Get help from your friend or family member to review your resume for errors before sending it.
Here are 2 sample resumes for housekeepers based on their level of experience.
Housekeeper Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
566 North West Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 45663
gabriela . mason @ email . com
Positive attitude | Customer service-oriented
Hardworking and detail-oriented housekeeper with 10+ years’ successful track record of delivering exceptional housekeeping services under minimal supervision. Extensive knowledge of modern cleaning methods and chemical cleaners. Superb time management skills and the ability to follow instructions accurately. Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Task Scheduling • Supplies Replenishment
• Garden Cleaning • Restroom Sanitation
• Communication • Room Refreshing
• Snow Clearing • Trash Disposal
• Complain Handling • Chemical Cleaning
• Room Service • Building Maintenance
ACHIEVEMENTS AS A HOUSEKEEPER
- Reduced operational costs by $3000 per month through the implementation of cost-effective and energy-saving SOPs.
- Maintained 5-star standard of housekeeping, enhancing customer satisfaction level by 100%.
- Earned “Employee of the Year Award” in 2021 and 2022.
Hilton Hotel, Phoenix, AZ
Jun 2018 – Present
- Ensure that a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation
- Schedule duties of custodial staff and supervise their work
- Maintain supplies inventories and replenish the same timely
- Use automatic cleaners and snow-clearing equipment effectively
- Attend to the customer calls politely and courteously
- Report and follow up on any building maintenance tasks
Laurie Group, Phoenix, AZ
Sep 2012 – Jun 2018
- Collected and disposed-off the garbage from all rooms on a daily basis
- Wiped, mopped, and dusted rooms
- Changed linens, replace soiled towels, and carried out laundry
- Cleaned the washrooms and stored cleaning materials in a safe manner
- Cleared snow from the parking area using chemical snow cleaners
- Polished furniture and door handles regularly
Some School, Phoenix, AZ | 2010
“I am physically dexterous to perform heavy housekeeping duties.”
Housekeeper Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5 Years
322 Park Lane
Houston, TX 52141
s.anderson @ email . com
“Continually maintained the standards of cleanliness.”
- Over 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in different housekeeping capacities
- Highly skilled in operating automatic cleaning equipment, vacuums, polishers, and buffers
- Well-versed with advanced methods and products used in cleaning
- Effectively prioritize tasks and take directions
- Thorough understanding of safety precautions in all housekeeping services
- Positive attitude and a desire to work collaboratively
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Quality customer service
• Sweeping, scrubbing, and moping
• Trash disposal • Professionalism
• Carts maintenance • Attention to detail
• Furniture polishing
• Making beds and changing linens
• Teamwork • Safety and security policies
Buckner Villas, Austin, TX
May 2020 – Present
- Perform housekeeping, maintenance, and custodial tasks
- Dust and move furniture cautiously
- Maintain sanitation standards by emptying trash baskets and removing the trash
- Plunge blocked sinks, commodes, and drains
- Took special care of cleaning equipment, reducing repair costs by 5000$ per month
- Cleaned and serviced assigned areas proactively, maintaining 100% cleanliness standards
Holiday Inn, Austin, TX
Sep 2017 – May 2020
- Maintained cleanliness and order in the facility
- Disposed of trash, waste, and other material
- Dusted furniture, fixtures, and window sills
- Cleaned washbasins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers
- Reported any needed repairs to the supervisor immediately
- Emptied trash containers
- Mopped floors of rooms and bathrooms on a daily basis
- Reduced operations cost by 7000$ per week through efficient utilization of supplies
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality
ABC College, Houston, TX 2009
- Solid communication
- Time management
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Computer: MS Word and Excel
“I am committed to providing the best possible experience for guests and employees.”
Superior professional references are available
See also: Housekeeper Resume No Experience
Housekeeper Job Description for Resume
The following job description statements will help you create the EXPERIENCE section of your resume.
- Clean, mop, and dust the corridors, hallways, and rooms on the assigned floors.
- Sweep floors of lobbies, sitting areas, and rooms.
- Vacuum and wash carpets and ensure that they are dried properly using the appropriate equipment.
- Wash bathrooms by using designated equipment and cleaning and disinfecting agents.
- Dust and polish furniture and use emollients to restore them.
- Make beds in guest rooms, turn mattresses, and ensure that sufficient pillows and blankets are available.
- Coordinate efforts with laundry staff to ensure that dirty bedsheets are taken away and clean ones are delivered.
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests such as television sets, mattresses, irons, and ironing boards.
- Respond to guests’ calls for housekeeping services.
- Sort, count, and maintain clean linen to be stored properly.
- Hang curtains and adjust and dust window blinds.
- Arrange and move furniture and replace burnt-out light bulbs.
- Take requests for picking up laundry for cleaning purposes and issuing receipts.
- Polish floors, clean spills and ensure that surfaces are safe to walk on.
- Prepare guest rooms as soon as guests leave to make them ready for the next one.
- Ensure proper sanitary conditions and sanitation on the floor.
- Take out trash from all rooms and offices.
- Maintain hot tubs, shower cabins, and jacuzzis.
- Replenish room supplies like water and glasses, as well as bathroom supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and shampoo in bathrooms.
- Vacuum and shampoo the rugs and carpets.
- Polish the door handles and decorative items that need polishing.
- Keep the entire floor disinfected by regular fumigation and sprays of insecticides.
- Use cleaning mixtures and solutions in the right proportion where and when required.
- Clean the balconies and terraces on the assigned floor.
- Supervise processing of laundry items, and timely return of clean, ironed, and folded laundry.
- Provide fresh towels, soaps, toiletries, etc. in all rooms.
- Assist in decorations and changing of set design for special events and functions at the lodges.
- Wash and neatly put away the cleaning material at the end of the cleaning.
- Report to the management daily and identify any repairs needed in any of the rooms on the assigned floor.
- Respond to any queries/ orders placed by the guests and communicate with other departments regarding the guest’s requirements.
Housekeeper Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Resume
- Knowledge of routine housekeeping chores
- Presentable, friendly, neat, and clean appearance
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Hospitality, and courtesy etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to do basic math
- Read and understand simple English
- Physically fit and active
- Able to bend, carry heavy loads and stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of the operation of basic cleaning devices including vacuum cleaners
In order to write a good resume for housekeeping jobs, you will need to write your relevant skills, qualifications, accomplishments, and work history logically.
A typical housekeeper’s resume includes the following sections:
- Contact information
- Objective, Summary Statement, or Career Highlights
- Core Competencies and Skills
- Work Experience and Accomplishments
- Educational Information
- Professional Affiliations (Optional)