A reservationist resume is merely a window into a job seeker’s professional life.
While it has to be comprehensive, it cannot hold too much information. Why?
Because too much information means boring the hiring manager into leaving your resume on the desk and picking up another one.
The following resume sample for reservationist position is about as detailed as one should be:
58 Mill Road | Hampton, NH 12365
(000) 856-2565 | [Email Address Here]
Successful records of providing accurate and efficient services to customers.
Uniquely qualified Hotel Receptionist with 18 years of extensive experience in managing the reservation process for prospective guests. Highly skilled in using and updating standard and complex hotel reservation system, placing particular focus on handling follow-up.
Efficiently processes all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by telephone, email and in-person. Organized, with a particular focus on monitoring and maintaining wait lists on a daily basis, and providing current reservation statuses to prospective guests.
|✓ Revenue Maximization||✓ Telephonic Reservations||✓ Guest Registration|
|✓ Sales Techniques||✓ Check-in/out Support||✓ Routine Billing|
|✓ Advance Deposit Handling||✓ Complaint Management||✓ Lists Maintenance|
|✓ Rates Negotiation||✓ Key Card Issuance||✓ Charges Posting|
• Increased the hotel’s revenue $30000 per month through aggressive up-selling and marketing activities
• Implemented an online reservations system, which reduced administrative tasks 50%
• Retained a particularly irate corporate guest, by ensuring that his complaint was given priority, and made sure that the problem was resolved immediately
• Proved to be invaluable to the accounting department, by providing them with information on a missing entry, which could have proven to be a problem during fiscal closing time
Hyde Beach Resort, Hampton, NH | 2007 – Present
• Greet guests as they arrive at the reservation desk and provide them with information on open slots
• Take prospective guests’ information and ensure that it is properly punched into the system
• Provide prospective guests with information on their reservation statuses, and how long they have to confirm their reservations
• Follow up with guests by telephone and email to provide them with information on their reservation statuses
• Welcome guests and assist them through the checking in procedure, making sure that promised rooms are assigned to them
• Update reservation statuses within the system and ensure that all accounting procedures have been taken into account
• Coordinate efforts to ensure that guests’ cash and credit card payments are properly processed and that receipts are tendered
• Handle reservation changes and cancellations according to the hotel’s protocols and rules
The Hyatt, Hampton, NH | 1999 – 2007
• Welcomed guests and visitors as they arrived at the front desk and provided them with required information
• Checked guests’ reservation statuses with hotel reservationists, and provided them with feedback
• Assisted guests in checking in and checking out, ensuring that all documentation is available, and the dues are cleared
• Provided guests with information on the hotel’s facilities and encouraged them to make use of them
• Coordinated efforts with the janitorial staff to ensure that reception and lobby areas are kept cleaned and maintained at all times
Community College, Hampton, NH | 1999
Specialized Courses in Front Desk Handling
Hampton High School, Hampton, NH | 1997
High School Diploma
• Hotel Reservation Systems
• MS Word and Excel
“I always think about new ways to increase reservations and profits.”