Resumes for guest service agent positions facilitate the candidate selection process because they are the most important documents in a job application set. This is why experts believe that resumes should be given the most thought.
When you write a Guest Service Agent resume, do not think about what have you have done previously – think about what you could do to provide benefit to a prospective employer. The focus needs to be on the person who will (hopefully) hire you.
Employer-focused resumes almost always work as they provide everything that an employer is looking for. Mentioning your qualifications and achievements make your resume profound. Use these tools to become a hot favorite of the hiring manager.
Here is an example:
Sample Resume for Guest Service Agent Position
2 Some Street, Saint Albans, VT 05412
edlu @ email . com
GUEST SERVICE AGENT
Passionate and results-driven Guest Service Agent with a successful track record of promoting a positive and productive environment in a hospitality setting. Well-versed in providing tier one services by ensuring delivery of a positive image of the facility to ensure recurring business opportunities.
• Providing exceptional first contact services by anticipating guests’ needs and ensuring that they are addressed immediately
• Engaging each guest as a unique individual and assisting with requests or complaints in a proactive manner
• Handling reservations in person, over the telephone, and through emails by ensuring appropriate and timely scheduling and follow up
• Maintaining communication between departments and ensure that the function board within the lobby is properly managed
Guest Service Agent
DESTINATION HOTELS AND RESORTS, Saint Albans, VT
(12/2012 to Present)
• Greet guests as they arrive and engage them in conversation to determine their requirements.
• Inquire if reservations have been made and verify reservations in the hotel system.
• Assist guests in walking through the reservation systems for new reservations.
• Arrange for rooms to be prepared and assigned to each guest according to his or her particular preferences.
• Coordinate the activities of bellboys to ensure that guests’ luggage is delivered to their assigned rooms.
• Issue room keys and provide guests with information on using and caring for them.
• Assist guests in checking in and checking out by ensuring that both procedures are properly handled.
• Provide support in handling cash and credit card transactions for payment of rooms and associated services.
• Handle complaints by ensuring that prompt actions are taken in accordance with company policies.
• Acquired a corporate account worth $50000 annually, by providing exceptional first contact services to the company director, dining in one of the restaurants within the hotel.
• Streamlined the guest reservation process by introducing online reservations and check-in modules.
Front Desk Officer
HAMPTON INN, Saint Albans, VT
(11/2007 to 12/2012)
• Greeted guests and visitors and assisted them by providing information.
• Handled reservations in person, over telephones, and through emails.
• Operated telephone exchange by servicing and transferring calls.
• Assisted guests in filling out reservation forms and checking in and checking out.
• Assigned room keys and provided information regarding hotel services.
• Introduced wake-up call procedures which resulted in positive guest feedback on an average of 9/10.
• Managed the front desk for 15 hours straight on an extremely busy day, without a single complaint or concern being recorded.
High School Diploma
SAINT ALBANS HIGH SCHOOL, Saint Albans, VT – 2006
• First Contact Services
• Complaint Resolution
• Incidental Services Management
• Wake-up Calls Programming
• Concierge Coordination
• Cash Handling
• Workplace Safety
• Check-in/out Management