Many candidates applying for a plant mechanic position face the challenging task of writing a cover letter to supplement their resume.
Effective Plant Mechanic cover letters are achieved with difficulty, and not everybody can get it right in the first attempt.
How to Write a Plant Mechanic Cover Letter?
- The cover letter must open boldly in a manner that captures the reader’s attention
- Language and tone need to be professional
- It must show that you have taken out time to find out about the company, their current status, and plans
- Highlight examples of results you have produced in a similar role
- The letter must be free of grammatical errors and typos
Take a look at the following sample before you start penning your cover letter for a plant mechanic position.
See also: Plant Mechanic Resume
Plant Mechanic Cover Letter Sample
660 Zeigler Ave, Flower Mound, TX 75201
June 12, 2019
Mr. Martin Fredrick
Sikorsky Energy Inc.
822 Green Lane
Flower Mound, TX 75201
Dear Mr. Fredrick:
I am pleased to apply for the position of plant mechanic at Sikorsky Energy Inc. Working at the Calista energy plant for 5+ years in the capacity of a plant mechanic; I now seek to expand my experience to large-scale power supply plants combining mechanical and electrical technology such as yours.
I offer the following competencies:
• Adept at overhauling and operation of various torque tools and repairing of rotating equipment
• Familiar with design principles, tools, and techniques needed to run and maintain a power generation plant
• Substantial knowledge of different cost-effective methods to enhance plant productivity
In the review of my enclosed resume, you will note my progressive career growth. Starting as a junior mechanic with the Calista Power Plant, I grew in terms of knowledge, experience, and competency to become a senior power plant mechanic in a matter of 2 years.
I firmly believe that the combination of mechanical understanding and 4+ years of firsthand experience in maintaining various power plants which I offer could be effectively utilized at Sikorsky and can contribute to the permanent stabilization of the newly set plant in the Flower Mound region.
I would like to meet with you in person to share my relevant competencies further. I will follow up next Wednesday to obtain an interview appointment. In the meantime, I’d be glad to answer any queries you might have about my experience or competencies at (000) 854-7454.
Thank you for your time and consideration.