Writing a retail security guard resume will require the applicant to emphasize their security assurance skills, especially in a retail environment.
The resume should explore your knowledge of performing roving patrol, and logging visitors and validating credentials.
Also, highlight your expertise and experience in identifying both internal and external security risks.
Moreover, it should focus on your ability to proficiently operate security systems.
The example below will give you better ideas.
Retail Security Guard Resume Sample
8 Cast Road, Santa Fe, NM 84936
RETAIL SECURITY GUARD
An exceptionally talented individual, with a solid track record of working in a high-end retail facility. Proficient in observing, surveying, and reporting activities at assigned sites. Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to critical situations.
Risk Identification | Security Systems Operation
Critical Situation Handling | Procedure Enforcement
Standards Maintenance | Roving Patrol
Visitor Logging | Theft Prevention
Reporting | Access Control
• Singlehandedly prevented theft from taking place, by recognizing early signs of trouble, and intervening immediately
• Implemented a unique security system, as a result, increased facility security by 20%
• Reduced incidents of theft by ensuring excellent access monitoring and control
Retail Security Guard
Brosnan Retail, Santa Fe, NM
11/2014 – Present
• Ensure that all exits and entrances are properly monitored at all times
• Protect the facility’s assets and staff members by maintaining a safe environment
• Monitor premises and look for signs of disorder
• Investigate disturbances, and act lawfully in accordance with protocols
• Question potential thieves or violators, and record their responses
• Apprehend criminals, after ensuring their part in an incident
• Evict violators, and ensured that they are warned properly
• Perform patrolling tasks to ensure building and staff safety
• Watch CCTV cameras in order to detect issues and emergencies
• Ensure that all work is being performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
Captain’s Retail, Santa Fe, NM
2/2013 – 11/2014
• Assisted in overseeing the implementation of security systems
• Ensured that all security cameras and alarm systems were in good working order
• Protected the company’s assets in relevance to theft, assault, and fire
• Performed First Aid and CPR during emergencies
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Santa Fe, MN – 2012
CPR and First Aid