If you want to get a highly paid job as a Loss Prevention Officer, a functional or combination resume can work for you that draw attention towards your relevant skills and expertise in security and vigilance.
A good resume for a Loss Prevention Officer job will highlight your qualifications, experience, and achievements in past positions.
Sample Resume for Loss Prevention Officer Position
60 Bennington Street, Houston, TX 55242
Phone: (000) 929-9949, Email:
Loss Prevention Officer
Poised to utilizing strong vigilance, patrolling, and monitoring skills in a retail setting.
• Over 3 years of hands-on experience as a Loss Prevention Officer and Security Guard.
• Highly skilled in placing authorizing procedures for entrance and departure of customers and delivery personnel.
• In-depth knowledge of operating detection devices and related equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to inspect and adjust security systems and cameras.
• Successfully placed a state of the art security system in and around the ABC Store’s outlet for surveillance purposes.
• Trained and deployed a team of seven Loss Prevention Officers in record time to meet store outlet inauguration.
• Installed cameras at perfect places of the store, minimized loss by 30%.
Loss Prevention Officer
ABC Store, Houston, TX
Jul 2017 – Present
• Provide patrolling duties in and around the store with specified equipment.
• Answer alarms and ensure disturbances are investigated thoroughly.
• Conduct random searches as and when deemed appropriate.
• Coordinate emergency situation according to company policies.
• Ensure all safety hazard issues are resolved immediately.
• Challenge suspicious people or objects by conforming to company standards.
• Report suspicious and emergency situations to the supervisor.
• Operate security cameras, scanners, and other equipment as and when needed.
Unarmed Security Guard | FJC Inc. Houston, TX | Jan 2005 – Jul 2007
• Provided unarmed security services to safeguard facilities.
• Conducted routine and special patrols.
• Escorted new visitors to different places in the facility.
• Reported incidents right away.
• Maintained a written log of activities.
G.E.D | ABC SCHOOL, Austin, TX, 2006
• Profound ability to prioritize and organize security measures
• Able to follow instructions
• Able to work without / minimal supervision
• Proven ability to think clearly and act appropriately in times of stress
• Excellent communication and customer care skills
• Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
Note: The titles Loss Prevention Officer and Security Guard may be used interchangeably as they both perform primarily the same function. The only difference is that Loss Prevention Officers prevent thefts from happening in malls, hotels, and other facilities.