Getting past the spam gatekeepers is perhaps the most difficult hurdle that you will have to face when you write a resume for a position, for which you have had no experience. Resumes are notorious for becoming cyber litter because strong span filters and antivirus programs end up deleting them before they are read.
There are ways to avoid this happening to your resume. For one, make sure that you do not send the same email more than once. Once is enough! If you want to see whether your email has reached the recipient, you can opt for choosing the read receipt in your mail manager. Alternately, send a copy to yourself as well just to make sure that your Internet service is working. Secondly, do not address your resume to too many people – it shows lack of professionalism at your end. One or two recipients are enough within an organization.
Most importantly, make sure that your resume does not contain any words or phrases that may make it come across as junk. Try to use as many keywords from the original job description (given in the advertisement for that particular job) and you should be okay.
Here is a resume sample that you can use:
2889 Katydid Street ● Sumter, SC 29150 ● (000) 214-4174 ● albertgord @email .com
Summary: Well-organized, hardworking and self-motivated individual with exceptional cash handling and customer service skills. Well-versed in handling cash drawer discrepancies and balancing activities by following company policies and protocols.
• Proven ability to process cash and debit / credit card payments by ensuring accuracy of exchange
• Exceptional customer service skills aimed at ensuring return business and customer retention
• Adept at providing sales support by actively engaging customers in conversation and assisting them with their purchases
• Deep insight into performing bookkeeping activities to ensure proper accounting of cash and credit payments
|– POS Management||– Cash Balancing||– Payment Processing|
|– Returns Handling||– Itemization||– Stocking and Inventory|
|– First-tier Services||– Bagging||– Complaint Handling|
SUMTER HIGH SCHOOL, Sumter, SC – 2015
High School Diploma
TARGET, Sumter, SC (10/2015 to 2/2016)
• Greeted customers and assisted them in locating products of their choice
• Managed demonstrations for products and provided information regarding features
• Led customers through payment procedures by ringing their purchases and bagging them
• Performed cash and credit card transactions using standardizes POS machines
• Handled exchanges and returns by strictly following company policies
STRONG REFERENCES available