The primary task of a grocery clerk is to provide exceptional customer service to shoppers. A pleasant personality and the ability to listen and communicate carefully are pre-requisite for this position.
As a grocery clerk, you will meet people from different backgrounds, so you need to have the ability to maintain a reasonable level of patience.
How to Write a Great Resume for Grocery Clerk Position?
Writing an attractive resume along with a Grocery Clerk Cover Letter will ensure your success in your job application process.
Before writing your Grocery Clerk Resume, examine the grocery clerk job description because every employer requires specific skills, abilities, and knowledge. By cautiously reviewing specific job descriptions, you may conclude what the employer is in search of, and you can prepare your resume accordingly.
Take some time to think about your skills and accomplishments and identify the personal strengths that helped you achieve them.
Include your training, internships, education, relevant jobs, and anything that demonstrates personal and professional attainments. Keep your resume simple, short, and to the point.
Below is a perfect example of a grocery clerk resume. You may select the most appropriate statements from this comprehensive resume sample.
Also, include a Grocery Clerk Cover Letter to support your resume.
Sample Resume for Grocery Clerk
57 Example Street, Las Vegas, NV 58798
To obtain a Grocery Clerk position at Giant Eagle where my customer service, housekeeping, clerical, and merchandise handling skills will contribute to higher efficiency and output.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS (See complete qualifications of grocery clerk)
• Over 7 years of experience in the retail sales arena
• Highly skilled in providing excellent customer service on a continuous basis
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to customers regarding products
• In-depth knowledge of stocking and cleaning grocery shelves and maintain back stock in good order
• Hands-on experience in using a box cutter, baler, and all equipment
• Proven record of Logging and expediting special orders
• Demonstrated ability to retrieve particular orders for customers and offer service out to the car
• Thorough understanding of building displays and assign appropriate signage
• Comprehensive knowledge of operating and using garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
• Knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of precision and attention to detail
• Languages: Fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
• Computer: Skilled in MS Word and Excel
• Reorganized the merchandise of the grocery store, increasing output by 20%
• Grocery Clerk Award Semifinalist
• Best Grocery Clerk of the Month
Sunflower Farmers Market – Las Vegas, NV
May 2017 – Present
• Assist customers with purchases, information and product selection
• Sanitize grocery shelves and work area
• Stock grocery shelves
• Examine the rotation of all merchandise
• Check the point of purchase signs
• Discard expired stock and outdated/spoiled items
• Take part in pre-inventory preparation
• Receive, examine, and record products for the correctness of consignment, temperature, and quality
• Maintain a high level of product information and development
Redner’s Warehouse Market, Nesquehoning, PA
Oct 2010 – May 2011
• Greeted customers on their arrival into the grocery store
• Assisted customers in purchasing and selecting items
• Transported purchased merchandise to customer’s vehicles
• Assisted in loading and unloading the grocery items
• Transported stock from storage to stock areas
• Helped in building store displays
• Kept fresh merchandise rotated and pulled expired products
• Kept store shelves fully stocked in keeping with tag allocations
• Opened merchandise cartons and tagged items accurately
• Maintained a tidy appearance in keeping with the store’s dress code policy
High School Diploma
Charles High School, Nesquehoning, PA
• Able to maintain the highest level of customer service standards
• Flexible Approach: Ability to become adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail environment
• Able to multitask with outstanding organizational skills
• Profound ability to support and contribute to team goals
• Basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures