As one of the biggest chains of discount department stores in the United States of America, Walmart has over 2.2 million employees worldwide – and counting.
Working as a stock clerk at Walmart can be a great experience as you will get to know all about the retail world.
In this role, you will be stocking shelves, organizing displays, adjusting prices, and completing logs, along with making sure that any safety hazards are identified and taken care of immediately.
As a Walmart stock clerk, you will also be responsible for handling inventory duties and may even be asked to stay in touch with vendors and suppliers.
Some other duties that you will be carrying out in this role include:
See also: Stock Clerk Resume Sample
Walmart Stock Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet customers and assist them with the queries regarding product location
• Provide customers with information on product features and aftersales services
• Clean and stock shelves and display cases and tables
• Ensure that all displayed items have current price tags on them
• Receive merchandise from vendors and suppliers and compare invoices to items that have been actually received to ensure accuracy of shipment
• Make arrangements for received merchandise to be stored in the warehouse or delivered to the front end for displaying purposes
• Physically wheel received items to the store and display them according to company policy
• Take inventory of merchandise to determine items that need to replenished or reordered
• Maintain communication with the procurement officer to provide them with information on required items
• Stamp, attach and change price tags in accordance with evolving store policies
• Handle cycle counts of inventory and assist in packing products into kits
• Provide product availability information to customers and assist them throughout the purchasing process
• Handle shelf allocation and rotation procedures, along with building displays and handling loading and unloading of merchandise onto/from delivery trucks
• Take customers’ complaints, refer them to appropriate store personnel and assist in resolving customer complaints in a proactive manner
Skills and Abilities
A successful applicant for a Walmart stock clerk position should be able to pick up and transport heavy boxes and possess exceptional time management skills.
Education and Skills
A high school diploma or a GED is essential if you want to get employment at Walmart.
You will have to be professional and possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be working closely with Walmart’s customers and other retail individuals.
Stock clerks always remain in close contact with customers which is why it is important for them to be knowledgeable of the products and services that Walmart provides.