How to Write a Winning Resume for Grocery Cashier Position?
In order to get more interviews, your resume for the grocery cashier position should be:
- Clear and concise and makes a positive first impression in less than 30 seconds.
- Free from spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
- Maximum of two pages.
- Presents skills and qualifications that match the employer’s requirements.
- Must contain a list of your relevant accomplishments.
Check them all and you are ready to write a positively amazing resume for the grocery store cashier position.
Sample Resume for Grocery Cashier Position
7888 Bridge Street, Lowell, MA 19232
sandwat @ email . com
GROCERY STORE CASHIER
• Customer service-oriented with 6+ years of experience in handling cashiering operations in large grocery stores.
• Focused on ensuring smooth operations on the till along with ensuring that general store operations are constantly supervised for efficiency.
• Track record of operating modern cash tills/registers such as Vend and Easycash.
• Demonstrated expertise in processing cash and credit/debit card transactions by employing accuracy.
• Proven ability to efficiently and accurately itemize customers’ purchases and handle returns and exchanges.
• Highly skilled in using electronic scanners to record prices and verifying prices according to price change sheets.
Grocery Store Cashier
SHOPKO, Lowell, MA
(2015 – Present)
• Greet customers as they arrive and provide them with information on where to find their desired products
• Ensure that customers are assigned sales representatives as soon as they arrive
• Scan purchases by operating scanning equipment and verify prices
• Receive payments by cash and credit/debit card and ensure that they are properly processed
• Issue receipts and refunds and ensure that customers are given the change that is due to them
• Establish and identify prices of goods that are not properly labeled
• Indulge in upselling activities by inviting customers to buy additional products
• Provide information regarding aftersales services and warrantees
• Bag purchases and ensure that they are carried out to customers’ vehicles
• Assist in handling customers by filling in for sales representatives during rush hours
• Apprehended a shoplifter who had evaded the authorities for 17 months by actively following a hunch
• Reorganized the cashiering system and increased efficiency by 32% by ensuring that change is available at the beginning of each shift
MACY’S, Lowell, MA
(2008 – 2015)
• Cleaned and maintained product shelves on a regular basis
• Ensured that shelves are properly stocked by keeping the 4 Ps of marketing in mind
• Assisted customers in looking for and choosing the products that they need
• Provided information regarding product features and ingredients
• Handled the general cleanliness and maintenance of the grocery store
• Performed product rotation duties and ensured that near expiry or expired products are removed from shelves
• Retained a corporate customer who was disgruntled due to a quarrel with a sales representative, by providing exceptional customer services at the checkout counter
• Proved invaluable during a marketing campaign by assisting in meeting targets, encouraging customers to buy additional products at the cash counter
High School Diploma
LOWELL HIGH SCHOOL, Fort Wayne, IN – 2008
• POS Management
• Drawer Balancing
• Cash Reports Development
• Tax Calculation
• Transaction Recording
• Exchange Processing
• Payment Processing
• Sales Display Creation
• First Contact Service
• Complaint Handling
• Cash Levels Maintenance