Applying for a Convenience Store Cashier position might seem an easy and straightforward task, but remember, a lot of competition exists for grocery store positions.
You have to win over teenagers, students, experienced and even highly experienced retired persons.
So you shouldn’t compose your resume speedily; take some time to add some phrases that might catch the attention of the hiring manager.
The information in a Convenience Store Resume needs to be very precise and accurate as the structure of a resume demands it.
While CVs can hold a lot of information as they are technically longer documents, the length of a resume should not exceed two pages.
Hence, the need for preciseness and accuracy is essential.
Take a look at the following template which will guide you on how to write a good resume for the Convenience Store Cashier position.
Convenience Store Cashier Resume Example
Convenience Store Cashier
Passionate convenience store cashier with 9+ years of cash handling and customer service experience. Eager to work for ABC Corner Store to orchestrate smooth functioning of its operations and increase revenue.
• Over 9 years of hands-on experience as a Cashier.
• Highly skilled in using POS (Point of Sales) touch screen register and handling cash.
• In-depth knowledge of cost control.
• Able to maintain health and safety standards.
• Proficient in stocking and rotating retail items.
• Good understanding of the different ways to employ procedures to resolve customer complaints.
• Performed managerial duties for three months in the absence of the store manager.
• Commended by the managers owing to punctuality and excellent customer service.
• Identified a discrepancy in cash which saved $50000 for the store.
Convenience Store Cashier
K-Mart – Boca Raton, FL
Sep 2018 – Present
• Provide exceptional customer service which resulted in repeat business
• Handle the POS system
• Stock shelves and ensure all shelves are filled at all times
• Clean and maintain the cleanliness of countertops
• Relay product knowledge to customers and assist them with product selection
• Act as a medium of communication between management and customers
Some Superstore – Boca Raton, FL
Jun 2011 – Sep 2018
• Calculated payment at the end of the day
• Resolved customers’ complaints
• Generated day end reports and assisted with paperwork
• Assisted in cost control and inventory
High School Diploma
St John’s Public School, Boca Raton, FL
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude and pleasant demeanor