Applying for a Convenience Store Cashier position might seem easy and straightforward task, but remember, a lot of competition exists for grocery store positions. You have to win over teenagers, students, experienced and even highly experienced retired persons. So you shouldn’t compose your resume speedily; take some time to add a number of important phrases that might catch the attention of the hiring manager.
The information in a Convenience Store Resume needs to be very precise and accurate as the structure of a resume demands it. While CVs can hold a lot of information as they are technically longer documents, a resume cannot be spread over more than two pages. Hence, the need for preciseness and accuracy is absolutely essential.
Take a look at the following template which will guide you how to write a good resume for Convenience Store Cashier position.
|Bruce Wilson||(999) 979-9949|
bruce @ email . com
| 73 Sleepy Brook Way|
Boca Raton, FL 88822
CAREER OBJECTIVE:Looking for a position as a Cashier at Boca Raton Convenience Store where proven cash drawer experience and exceptional customer service skills will be utilized to orchestrate smooth functioning.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Nearly three years of hands-on experience as a Cashier
• Highly skilled in using POS (Point of Sales) touch screen register and handling cash
• In depth knowledge of cost control
• Able to maintain health and safety standards
• Proficient in stocking and rotating retail items
• Good understanding of the different ways to employ procedures to resolve customer complaints
• Performed managerial duties for three months in the absence of the store manager
• Commended with the Employee of the Month award for punctuality and excellent customer services
• Identified a discrepancy in cash which saved $50000 of store
Convenience Store Cashier | K-Mart – Boca Raton, FL | October 2009 – Present
• Handle the POS system
• Stock shelves and ensure all shelves are filled at all times
• Clean and maintain cleanliness of counter tops
• Relay product knowledge to customers and assist with shopping
• Act as medium of communication between management and customers
• Calculate payment at the end of the day
• Resolve customer complaints
• Assist with paperwork
• Assist in cost control and inventory
High School Diploma – 2008
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude and pleasant demeanor