Convenience stores work round the clock to provide retail services to customers.
Working in a convenience store is often a challenging job no matter which position you are working in.
There are several positions in a convenience store; people start out at the entry-level by working as clerks or cashiers and can end up as managers.
Convenience stores often hire part-time workers to work as clerks or cashiers, but there are some full-time employees too.
No matter what the job is, the work is demanding and requires a lot of mental and physical dexterity.
All convenience store personnel are at one time or another needed to work as cashiers which is why it is crucial that they have some basic knowledge of mathematics along with the ability to add machines or tills.
In order to apply for any job at a convenience store, you will need to write a resume.
It is a good idea to start your resume with an objective statement to make it compelling.
Here are 5 resume objective examples to give you an idea of how to write a great objective statement.
Convenience Store Resume Objective Examples
1. Looking for a position as a Store Clerk at 7/11 where I can use my skills in store inventory management and customer service to add value to the store’s retail reputation.
2. Seeking a position as a Convenience Store Manager at Kmart, using exceptional communication, customer service, and cash handling skills to increase revenue and decrease overhead costs. Ability to upsell retail items.
3. To obtain employment as a Convenience Store Manager with Tesco. Eager to apply my retail store management skills to provide excellence in retail services to increase the customer base.
4. Highly enthusiastic and proactive individual, looking for a Convenience Store Clerk position with Cooper Store. Offering extensive experience in store management, customer service, inventory handling, and stocking procedures.
5. High energy individual with a strong desire to work as a Cashier for ABC Corner Store. Offering extensive experience in store display, merchandising, cash registers and adding machines to add immense value to store operations. Profound ability to work in a fast-paced environment.