Primarily, a Fast Food Cashier is responsible for accurately performing necessary cash, check and credit card transactions related to sales.
They maintain the accuracy of point of sales systems, correctly process cash register transactions including inputting costs, taking cash, and giving back change, processing checks, debit and credit cards.
On a general level, this position is also supposed to greet customers warmly, keep designated working areas organized, answer calls, queries, and other related matters, and provide exceptional customer service to clients.
A High School Diploma or GED is a prerequisite for this position.
See also: Fast Food Cashier Cover Letter
Fast Food Cashier Resume Sample
404 Ray View Side, Lake Manassas, VA 43666
❖❖ FAST FOOD CASHIER ❖❖
Energetic | Willing | Competent
Friendly, client-focused, and vigorous Cashier with 9+ years’ in the foodservice industry. Determined to provide the best possible service to customers guaranteeing their ultimate satisfaction. Proven track record of meticulously operating cash registers/POS Systems, ringing proper amount into the log and returning correct change. Demonstrated ability to maintain the integrity of all financial controls. Well-versed in the cleanliness of the counter and the ability to respond to visual and aural cues.
Fast Food Cashier [09/2009 – Present]
Matos Vegetarian – Rosemont, IL
• Greeted guests in a courteous and welcoming manner
• Earned an amicable position by remembering their likes and dislikes and whole-heartedly invited them to return
• Resolved customer related issues on the spot and made sure they had a wonderful time in the restaurant
• Listened to their opinions/suggestions/criticisms patiently and with a positive approach to overcome deficient areas.
• Operated cash register, received payment from customers, memorized customer preferences and provided excellent cash/credit service
Cashier – Buffet Cannery [11/2006 – 07/2009]
The Melt – Palo Alto, CA
• Assisted in organizing, reconciling and verifying transaction accuracy
• Carefully operated equipment with peripheral electronic data processing systems
• Cautiously read product labels, checks, shelf signage, registers, forms
• Used check stand register, scales, and scanners
Beverage Storeroom Attendant [12/2002 – 01/2005]
Sunflower Farmers Market – Baltimore, MD
• Set up and cleaned dining areas, washed dishes and sanitized work areas regularly
• Escorted guests to the assigned tables took their orders and repeated them accordingly
• Assembled orders and presented them to guests on or before time.
High School Diploma
City Community School – Baltimore, MD 
- POS system
- MS Word, Excel
- OneNote and Outlook
• Good command on English and Spanish
• Communication and time management
• Well versed in completing checklists and procedures for cash reporting, inventory control, and scheduling