As an applicant, your main job when creating a food service resume is to impress the employer.
An impressive resume takes a lot of time and effort – you cannot depend on the ordinary to get you into the extraordinary league.
So whenever you write a resume, make sure that you put in information that the employer wants to see.
Here is a sample resume that you can use:
Related: Fast Food Cashier Cover Letter
Food Service Cashier Resume Sample
7663 Cardinal Road
Bedford, TX 08888
tyalbert @email .com
Customer service-oriented cashier with 15 years of progressively responsible experience working in fast food service capacities. A highly flexible and approachable individual who has a pleasant personality and a professional attitude. Special talent for:
• Balancing cash registers and handling discrepancies before they become crises.
• Monitoring orders in a consistent manner by effectively following upon them.
• Creating and maintaining records of payments and receipts in accordance with established protocols.
• Successfully handled 8 customers at the same time on a particularly busy day at the restaurant.
• Increased restaurant staff efficiency by 50% by introducing a novel queuing system.
• Decreased cost of supplies by $500 per month by suggesting an alternative vendor.
• Singlehandedly managed a $5855 discrepancy in the cash register by using my deep analytical skills.
Food Service Cashier
Captain Jay’s, Bedford, TX
6/2012 – Present
• Welcome customers as they approach the order counter and offer menus.
• Assist customers in selecting orders by providing suggestions according to their specific tastes.
• Take and record orders, repeat orders to ensure accuracy, and punch them into the system.
• Process cash and credit card payments on the POS and ensure that any change and receipt is tendered.
• Relay orders to the backend and ensure that appropriate follow-up is made to expedite orders.
Food Service Cashier
Diners Inn, Bedford, TX
8/2009 – 6/2012
• Assisted in packaging and arranging orders on trays as per the rules of the restaurant.
• Arranged for prepared orders to be delivered to dine-in customers and followed up on any additional orders.
• Counted cash in the cash drawer at the end of each shift.
• Ensured that any discrepancies are immediately rectified.
• Created and reconciled reports of cash in and out at the end of each shift.
Burger King, Bedford, TX
2/2007 – 5/2009
• Handled food preparation activities according to set recipes and regulations of the restaurant.
• Took orders and punch them into the ordering system, and provide customers with information of payable amounts.
• Processed payments in exchange for food items sold and handle food packaging duties.
• Created and maintained the inventory of supplies such as raw food items, napkins, paper glasses, and condiments.
Bedford High School, Bedford, TX – 2006
High School Diploma
CORE FOODSERVICE CASHIERING SKILLS
– POS Handling
– Order Taking
– Complaint Management
– Drive-through Order Support
– Discrepancy Management
– Inventory Control
– Food Packaging and
– Customer Service
– Food Preparation