Burger King is one of the biggest fast-food chains in the United States. The company was founded in 1953 and has come a long way since then with many franchises in 73 countries.
Diversifying from the usual burger and fries menu, Burger King not only achieved success in the local market but also it was appreciated in foreign countries by catering to different cultures by incorporating local tastes into menu items.
Burger King employs thousands of multi-cultural employees who work in different capacities. From crew members and cooks to branch managers, Burger Kings has a place for everyone. Being a fast food chain, Burger King hires many team members who work hard to meet customers’ demands.
Burger King Team Member Job Description
A team member working for Burger King needs to perform a diverse range of duties. From greeting customers and taking their orders to ensure accuracy and time-efficiency of the order, they are responsible for each stage.
Team members are expected to possess deep knowledge of the establishment’s procedures and policies along with ensuring that they know what the menu offers.
Since every Burger King outlet is a high volume environment, people working here need to be vigilant and entirely customer service oriented.
Team members at Burger King not only serve as the first point of contact but also they perform many more responsibilities. Let us have a look at what some of these are in the list below.
Burger King Team Member Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers and inquire about their preference
- Provide menu and answer customers’ questions regarding menu items
- Provide information on new deals and discounts
- Attempt to up-sell deals and provide add-on information
- Prepare and pack food according to Burger King’s policies and procedures
- Serve food to dine-in customers in the event of delays
- Ensure the right quality and quantity of food items packed or served
- Ensure that all food and drinks are packed appropriately without spill issues
- Set up trays for dine-in customers
- Accept cash in exchange for food and beverages sold
- Tender change to customers
- Process credit card payments
- Ensure that there are enough supplies available
- Order food supplies before they run low
- Handle transfers of supplies from the store to the kitchen
- Manage and update inventory
- Clean and sanitize customer sitting areas, kitchen, and counters
- Operate cash registers and tally cash with receipts at the end of each shift
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment regularly
- Rotate frozen products for freshness