A resume for an accounting clerk position is typically a 1-2 page document that job seekers use to apply for a new job. Remember that a resume is not a snapshot of your whole professional life. It only contains only relevant skills and experiences.
How to Write a Great Resume for Accounting Clerk Position?
The following are the top 10 tips that will help you craft a compelling resume for an accounting clerk position.
- Before building a resume for the Accounting Clerk position, analyze your accounting experiences, education, and skills. Then, relate your skillset to the requirements of the prospective employer to determine what information you should include in your resume.
- Add an accomplishments section to increase the impact of your resume. Be honest – don’t overstate your achievements.
- Write only the relevant experiences to make your resume worthy.
- Place the most relevant information on top of each section of your accounting clerk resume. Similarly, place the most important sections such as summary and skills first.
- Keep your resume short and simple.
- Limit your resume to one page if you have less than ten years of experience.
- Use brief bullet points; each phrase should be under 12 words.
- Use common words and phrases; keep away from complex sentences and complicated words.
- Be precise and give specific examples.
- Don’t be forceful; be polite and enthusiastic.
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 1
Experience: 7+ Years
Education: AS Degree in Accounting
94 Ivory Lane, Page, AZ 75440
Detail-oriented and tech-savvy accounting clerk with 8+ years’ successful track record. An expert in reconciliations and general ledger balancing. In-depth understanding of accounting principles and record-keeping protocols. Well-versed in maintaining accounts payable and receivable records. A well-spoken person with proven interpersonal and customer service skills.
CORE ACCOUNTING COMPETENCIES
– Cashbook Management – Accounts Auditing
– Accounts Payable – Revenue Reporting
– Database Management – Document Filing
– Financial Management – Payroll Processing
– Risk Management – Invoice Compilation
– Accounts Balancing – Cost Control
DELAWARE NORTH COMPANIES, Page AZ
June 2017 – Present
• Implemented a cloud accounting software that resulted in 100% accuracy of accounts payable.
• Devised daily accounts balancing strategy that increased the efficiency of entries by 50%.
• Handle employee, vendor, and audit inquiries about invoices.
• Carry out monthly account reconciliations of the general ledger and accounts payable.
• Regularly audit accounts for accuracy.
• Verify and process refund requests.
Assistant Accounting Clerk
AUTONOMOUS SOLUTIONS, Page, AZ
May 2013 – May 2017
• Enhanced the efficiency of invoice processing mechanism by double leading to a marked increase in clientele based on references from satisfied customers.
• Brought an additional revenue of $32M through effective PR utilization.
• Operated a computerized system to maintain accurate records.
• Generated and issued precise account financial statements.
• Date stamped all invoices and timely forwarded the same to relevant departments for processing.
AA Degree in Statistics
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Page, AZ
• Databases and financial software
• Costpoint, TTCI’s accounting system
• MS Office Applications
• Internet, Email and Social Media
• Microsoft(R) Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 2
Experience: 11+ Years
Education: BS Degree
3778 Webber Street, Vernon, NJ 73830
Extremely motivated and results-driven Accounting Clerk with 13+ years’ hands-on experience in performing clerical accounting procedures. Proficient in assigning codes, preparing data transaction records and verifying and processing accounts payable. Ability to perform administrative duties, compile reports, answer phone calls, and schedule appointments.
• Restructured the accounting system by incorporating online databases to centralize data for all offices.
• Implemented procedures to ensure account data verification in real-time.
• Formulated a method to compute bills and charges automatically thus saving time.
• Attained Employee of the Quarter award following excellent work practices.
City Lights, Vernon, NJ
2008 – Present
• Perform functions related to accounts receivables and payables.
• Reconcile revenues on a day-to-day basis.
• Post accounting data in cash journals.
• Oversee bank account deposits.
• Manage double-entry bookkeeping activities.
• Handle invoices, receipts, and payments.
• Prepare spreadsheets depicting income and payments.
• Assist in preparing annual accounts.
Staples, Vernon, NJ
• Assisted with managing daily accounting procedures.
• Arranged purchase orders.
• Prepared documentation for VAT returns.
• Helped in preparing annual accounts.
• Maintained records and managed filing systems.
BS Degree in Accounting & Finance
New Jersey State University, New Jersey, NJ
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Identification of accounts and assigning codes
- Accounts receivable reconciliation
- Accounts payable verification and processing
- Chargeback reconciliation
- Data transaction sheets preparation
- Accounts analyzing and auditing
- General ledger posting
• Exceptional mathematical insight
• Keen knowledge of accounting procedures
• Understanding of using popular accounting software
• Ability to maintain productive work relationships
• Knowledge of performing routine data entry procedures
• Strong communication skills and great attention to detail
Additional Guidelines to Write an Accounting Clerk Resume
Add some of the following hard skills of an accounting clerk either in the skills or qualifications section of your resume:
- Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Accounts Payable (AP)
- Payroll Processing
- Interest Calculation
- Record Keeping
- Bank Account Management
- MS Excel
- MS Office Skills
- Month-end Closing
Add some of the following soft skills of an accounting clerk in the bottom of your resume
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Time Management
- Active Listening
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
See also: Accounting Clerk Cover Letter Sample