Accounting Clerk Resume Tips
• Before building a resume for the Accounting Clerk position, analyze your accounting experiences, education and skills. Relate your skillset to the requirements of the prospective employer to determine what information you should include in your resume.
• A section of professional accomplishments will significantly enhance your chances of success. In this regard, looking at the bigger picture of your achievements is essential. On the other hand, be honest, i.e., don’t overstate your accomplishments
• Write only the relevant experiences to make your resume worthy. Remember that your resume is not a snapshot of your whole professional life, but an exact and pertinent document. Pinpoint your skills, abilities, and attributes.
• Place the most substantial information on top of each section of your accounting clerk resume. Likewise, place the most important sections like summary and skills first.
• Keep your resume short and simple.
• Limit your resume to one page if you have less than ten years’ practical experience.
• Use brief bullet points; each phrase should be under 12 words.
• Use easy and everyday English; keep away from complex sentences and complicated words.
• Be precise and give specific examples.
• Don’t be forceful; be polite and enthusiastic.
See also: Accounting Clerk Cover Letter Sample
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 1
94 Ivory Lane • Page, AZ 75440 • (009) 625-3032 • [Email]
Detail-oriented and tech-savvy accounting clerk with 8+ years’ successful track record. An expert in reconciliations and general ledger balancing. In-depth understanding of accounting principles and record keeping protocols. Well-versed in maintaining accounts payable and receivable record. A well-spoken person with proven interpersonal and customer service skills.
CORE ACCOUNTING COMPETENCIES
|– Cashbook Management||– Accounts Auditing||– Accounts Payable|
|– Revenue Reporting||– Database Management||– Document Filing|
|– Financial Management||– Payroll Processing||– Risk Management|
|– Invoice Compilation||– Accounts Balancing||– Cost Control|
DELAWARE NORTH COMPANIES, Page AZ
Accounting Clerk, June 2013 – Present
• Implemented an online accounts software which resulted in 100% accuracy of accounts payable.
• Devised a daily accounts balancing strategy resulting in a 50% increase in efficiency of entries.
• Handle employee, vendor and audit inquiries about invoices.
• Carry out monthly account reconciliations of the general ledger and accounts payable.
• Regularly audit accounts for accuracy.
• Verify and process refund requests.
AUTONOMOUS SOLUTIONS, Page, AZ
Assistant Clerk Accounts, May 2010 – May 2013
• Enhanced the efficiency of invoice processing mechanism by double leading to a marked increase in clientele based on references from satisfied customers.
• Brought an additional revenue of $32M through effective PR utilization.
• Operated a computerized system to maintain accurate records.
• Generated and issued precise account financial statements.
• Date stamped all invoices and timely forwarded the same to relevant departments for processing.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Page, AZ – 2010
AA Degree in Statistics
• Databases and financial software
• Costpoint, TTCI’s accounting system
• MS Office Applications
• Internet, Email and Social Media
• Microsoft(R) Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 2
3778 Webber Street, Vernon, NJ 73830, (000) 987-6545, [Email]
Extremely motivated and results-driven Accounting Clerk with 13+ years’ hands-on experience in performing clerical accounting procedures. Proficient in assigning codes, preparing data transaction records and verifying and processing accounts payable. Ability to perform administrative duties, compile reports, answer phone calls, and schedule appointments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
● Identification of accounts and assigning codes
● Accounts receivable reconciliation
● Accounts payable verification and processing
● Chargeback reconciliation
● Data transaction sheets preparation
● Accounts analyzing and auditing
● General ledger posting
• Restructured the accounting system by incorporating online databases to centralize data for all offices.
• Implemented procedures to ensure accounts data verification in real time.
• Formulated a method to compute bills and charges automatically thus saving time.
• Attained Employee of the Quarter award following excellent work practices.
City Lights, Vernon, NJ 2008 – Present
• Perform functions related to accounts receivables and payable.
• Reconcile revenues on a day-to-day basis.
• Post accounting data in cash journals.
• Oversee bank account deposits.
• Manage double entry bookkeeping activities.
• Handle invoices, receipts, and payments.
• Prepare spreadsheets depicting income and payments.
• Assist in preparing annual accounts.
Staples, Vernon, NJ 2005-2008
• Assisted with managing daily accounting procedures.
• Arranged purchase orders.
• Prepared documentation for VAT returns.
• Helped in preparing annual accounts.
• Maintained records and managed filing systems.
New Jersey State University, New Jersey, NJ – 2004
BS – Accounting & Finance
• Exceptional mathematical insight
• Keen knowledge of accounting procedures
• Understanding of using popular accounting software
• Ability to maintain productive work relationships
• Knowledge of performing routine data entry procedures
• Strong communication skills and great attention to detail