A resume for an accounting clerk position is typically a 1-2 page document that job seekers use to apply for a new job.
It is a snapshot of your relevant skills and experiences.
How to Write a Great Resume for Accounting Clerk Position?
The following 10 tips will help you craft a compelling resume for an accounting clerk position.
- Before building a resume for the Accounting Clerk position, analyze your accounting experiences, education, and skills. Then, relate your skillset to the requirements of the prospective employer to determine what information you should include in your resume.
- Write only relevant experiences to make your resume worthy.
- Add an accomplishments section to increase the impact of your resume. Be honest here – don’t overstate your achievements.
- Place the most relevant information on top of each section of your accounting clerk resume. Similarly, place the most important sections such as summary and skills first.
- Keep your resume short and simple.
- Limit your resume to one page if you have less than ten years of experience.
- Use short and brief bullet points.
- Avoid using complex sentences and non-common words.
- Be precise and give specific examples.
- Don’t be forceful; be polite and enthusiastic.
Here are 3 resume examples to guide you further.
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 1
Experience: 12+ Years
Education: AS Degree in Accounting
94 Ivory Lane, Page, AZ 75440
Detail-oriented and tech-savvy accounting clerk with 12+ years’ successful track record. An expert in reconciliations and general ledger balancing. In-depth understanding of accounting principles and record-keeping protocols. Well-versed in maintaining accounts payable and receivable records. A well-spoken person with proven interpersonal and customer service skills.
DELAWARE NORTH COMPANIES, Page AZ
June 2017 – Present
• Implemented a cloud accounting software that resulted in 100% accuracy of accounts payable.
• Devised daily accounts balancing strategy that increased the efficiency of entries by 50%.
• Handle employee, vendor, and audit inquiries about invoices.
• Carry out monthly account reconciliations of the general ledger and accounts payable.
• Regularly audit accounts for accuracy.
• Verify and process refund requests.
Assistant Accounting Clerk
AUTONOMOUS SOLUTIONS, Page, AZ
May 2013 – May 2017
• Enhanced the efficiency of invoice processing mechanism by double leading to a marked increase in clientele based on references from satisfied customers.
• Brought an additional revenue of $32M through effective PR utilization.
• Operated a computerized system to maintain accurate records.
• Generated and issued precise account financial statements.
• Date stamped all invoices and timely forwarded the same to relevant departments for processing.
AA Degree in Statistics
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Page, AZ
CORE ACCOUNTING COMPETENCIES
– Cashbook Management – Accounts Auditing
– Accounts Payable – Revenue Reporting
– Database Management – Document Filing
– Financial Management – Payroll Processing
– Risk Management – Invoice Compilation
– Accounts Balancing – Cost Control
• Databases and financial software
• Costpoint, TTCI’s accounting system
• MS Office Applications
• Internet, Email and Social Media
• Microsoft(R) Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
Education: BS Degree in Accounting
3778 Webber Street, Vernon, NJ 73830
Extremely motivated and results-driven Accounting Clerk with 13+ years of hands-on experience in performing clerical accounting procedures. Proficient in assigning codes, preparing data transaction records, and verifying and processing accounts payable. Ability to perform administrative duties, compile reports, answer phone calls, and schedule appointments.
• Restructured the accounting system by incorporating online databases to centralize data for all offices.
• Implemented procedures to ensure account data verification in real-time.
• Formulated a method to compute bills and charges automatically thus saving time.
• Attained Employee of the Quarter award following excellent work practices.
City Lights, Vernon, NJ
2018 – Present
• Perform functions related to accounts receivables and payables.
• Reconcile revenues on a day-to-day basis.
• Post accounting data in cash journals.
• Oversee bank account deposits.
• Manage double-entry bookkeeping activities.
• Handle invoices, receipts, and payments.
• Prepare spreadsheets depicting income and payments.
• Assist in preparing annual accounts.
Staples, Vernon, NJ
• Assisted with managing daily accounting procedures.
• Arranged purchase orders.
• Prepared documentation for VAT returns.
• Helped in preparing annual accounts.
• Maintained records and managed filing systems.
BS Degree in Accounting & Finance
New Jersey State University, New Jersey, NJ
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Identification of accounts and assigning codes
- Accounts receivable reconciliation
- Accounts payable verification and processing
- Chargeback reconciliation
- Data transaction sheets preparation
- Accounts analyzing and auditing
- General ledger posting
• Exceptional mathematical insight
• Keen knowledge of accounting procedures
• Understanding of using popular accounting software
• Ability to maintain productive work relationships
• Knowledge of performing routine data entry procedures
• Strong communication skills and great attention to detail
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 3
Experience: 2+ Years
100 Some Street
Pueblo, CO 80211
★ ACCOUNTING CLERK ★
Accounts Management / Process Improvement / Audit for Smooth Departmental Functioning
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of dedicated experience working as an accounting clerk.
• Accomplished professional with in-depth knowledge of providing accounting support in an accurate and time-efficient manner.
• Proficient in providing reconciliation services to smooth out the company’s accounting.
• Proven record of following established policies and protocols to complete certain financial transactions.
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• 10 key, M&I data entry, and general ledger system
• Payroll and accounting software
Co Star Group, Pueblo, CO
Mar 2021 – Present
• Maintain accounting records.
• Reconcile bank statements and post charges.
• Manage accounting databases and verify financial reports.
• Ensure that accounts receivable and payable are efficiently managed.
• Determine values of depreciable assets and prepare appropriate reports.
• Ensure that invoices are matched to work orders.
• Arrange for bank deposits and withdrawals.
• Record all business transactions in the database.
• Trained accounting personnel in the use of newly added accounting software.
• Formulated daily worksheets for easy transaction recording purposes thereby reducing verification time.
• Managed payments from seven delinquent accounts following solicitation efforts.
ABC Company, Pueblo, CO
Jan 2020 – Mar 2021
• Reviewed and managed accounts receivables and payables.
• Processed bills for payment.
• Opened mail and match invoices with payments.
• Paid bills and ordered office supplies.
• Contacted delinquent account holders and accepted payments.
Associate of Science in Accounting
City College, Pueblo, CO – 2005
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Accurate attention to detail
• Excellent work ethics and neat appearance
Recommended: Entry Level Accounting Clerk Resume With No Experience
Additional Guidelines to Write an Accounting Clerk Resume
Add some of the following hard skills of an accounting clerk either in the skills or qualifications section of your resume:
- Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Accounts Payable (AP)
- Payroll Processing
- Interest Calculation
- Record Keeping
- Bank Account Management
- MS Excel
- MS Office Skills
- Month-end Closing
Add some of the following soft skills of an accounting clerk in the bottom of your resume
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Time Management
- Active Listening
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
See also: Accounting Clerk Cover Letter Sample