Consider your wedding coordinator resume as bait to hook a job. This document must have an imposing and engaging start to serve as valuable bait. It must be started with a performance summary or profile.
Employers usually read the summary first, and their decision of whether or not to continue reading largely depends on the summary section.
A wedding coordinator position demands practical communication skills, management expertise, and an aesthetic sense.
Your resume needs to reflect these three elements.
Have a look at the example below to get a better idea.
Related: Wedding Coordinator Cover Letter
Wedding Coordinator Resume Example
7655 Hillside Sq, Chicago, IL 87909
hannah . joseph @ email .com
• Dedicated, meticulous event management professional with a track record of coordinating large-scale events, including 38 weddings.
• Highly skilled in designing and implementing innovative wedding themes, developing and maintaining client database, and negotiating with third party vendors and service providers.
• Well versed in developing economic contracts with music DJs and flower providers.
• Skilled in conducting wedding market surveys and incorporating emerging trends in wedding planning.
• Experienced in accomplishing inexpensive yet high-quality lighting and photography deals.
• Capable of handling correspondence and remain in constant contact with the customer, ensuring the whole event is planned as per customer preferences and desires.
Dream Weddings, Chicago, IL
July 2012 – Present
• Initiate a wedding schedule mechanism that helped the team in organizing and time targeting small chunks of the event, enhancing the team’s productivity by 10%.
• Secure a large-scale and highly lucrative contract with a client for the company.
• Meet the clients, build rapport, and develop a wedding plan with time frames.
• Develop and suggest various wedding themes to the clients.
• Arrange tasting sessions with caterers and accompany the client in the same.
• Make flower purchases.
• Efficiently communicate with DJ and light providers.
F&J Events, Chicago, IL
May 2010 – June 2012
• Created three new wedding themes which were much appreciated by colleagues and management.
• Developed a panel system after extensive negotiations with third-party service providers reducing total event costs by 20%.
• Made venue reservations and travel arrangements if needed.
• Ensured proper and timely decoration of the venue.
• Negotiated with caterers and other service providers on behalf of the client.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Wedding Themes Creation Training
ABC College, Chicago, IL – 2011
AA, Event Management
State University, Chicago, IL – 2009