Entry-level event coordinator resumes may seem challenging to write, but in actuality, they are the easiest to handle. Limited information makes it stress-free to write an entry-level resume.
However, there are a few things that need to be looked into before we write one. The importance of relevant information is the key here.
When you write a resume for an event coordinator position for which you have had no experience, you automatically try putting in information that isn’t going to do any good to the employer.
He or she doesn’t want to know that you excelled in basketball at school – unless you are being hired for a basketball coach position!
Leave the irrelevant information out, and you are good to go.
During your education, you might have held down a part-time job or a summer commission that is relevant to your application.
Be sure to mention it, as this will help you immensely when the hiring manager decides how well you fit in.
Concentrate on your event coordination skills and qualifications, and you can write a resume that is complete from every angle.
You can use the following sample as a template to build an entry-level event coordinator resume:
Event Coordinator No Experience Resume
77 Elm Street, Brooklyn NY 66253
Bringing fresh ideas for events success.
An enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a keen interest in event management. Focused on effectively coordinating all aspects of an event to ensure its success.
• Strong knowledge of planning, designing, and producing a wide variety of events
• Adept at liaising with clients to identify their needs and to provide them with solutions to their event management requirements
• Skilled in organizing facilities and manage details of all events including décor, catering, and entertainment
• Competent in handling PR work to promote and publicize special events
Bachelor of Science in Management
BROOKLYN UNIVERSITY, Brooklyn, NY – 2020
- Financial Accounting
- Business Management
- Data Analysis
- Negotiations and Agreements
- Event Management
- Special Event Protocol
- Weddings & Ceremonies
EVENT PLANET, Brooklyn, NY
(2/2020 – 8/2020)
• Interviewed clients to determine their specific event management needs
• Detailed all event management services provided by the company
• Conducted research to look for appropriate venues and spaces for booked events
• Assisted in coordinating services of caterers and decorators
• Maintained event calendar and ensured that all marketing and promotional activities are carried out in a timely manner
• Assisted in setting up and management of all events
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Needs Evaluation
– Logistics Handling
– Proposal Writing
– Budget Management
– Vendor Relations
– On-site Production
– Market Research
– Materials Preparation
– Staff Monitoring