A beautician’s resume is a 1-page document that highlights the relevant qualifications of the job seeker. It is typically considered as an integral part of the job application set.
From your education and training to your experience and skills as a beautician, everything needs to be part of your resume.
Your resume for a beautician position should highlight the following skills:
- Providing skin and hair treatments and advice to patients.
- Giving information on what services they need to avail.
- Determining clients’ hair and skincare requirements.
- Customer service and communication.
- Attention to detail and hand-eye coordination.
To see what a beautician’s resume should look like, refer to the following sample:
Sample Resume for Beautician
5 78th Street, Rutland, VT63791
Exceptionally talented Beautician, with a solid track record of providing excellent skin and hair care services to clients. Documented success in providing clients with services in accordance to their specific requirements. Well-versed in communicating effectively with clients, and performing timely scheduling and follow-up tasks.
• Needs Assessment
• Advice Provision
• Hairstyle Recommendation
• Skin Care Guidelines
• Appointments Scheduling
• Massage Therapies
• Cleanliness and Sanitization
• Stock Levels Tracking
• Treatment Documentation
• Payment Handling
• Successfully handled 50+ clients on an exceptionally busy day.
• Introduced a series of new hairstyles, as a result, increased client base by 35%.
• Implemented a sterilization system, hence, decreased chances of contamination.
Beauty Lines, Rutland, VT
Sep 2017 – Present
• Greet clients as they arrive at the salon, and inquire into their required services.
• Provide advice to 30+ clients per day based on their hair and skin types.
• Assist clients in choosing the right hair and skin services in accordance with their budgets.
• Cut and style hair according to clients’ face cuts.
• Apply makeup for different occasions such as weddings and parties.
• Provide manicure and pedicure services.
• Perform massage services, ensuring that the right pressure points are kept in mind.
• Schedule appointments over the phone, and in-person.
• Follow-up with clients post-treatment to ensure their satisfaction.
• Provide solutions for common skin and hair issues such as dryness and dandruff.
• Sell the salon’s beauty products and explain their uses.
• Ensure proper cleanliness and sanitization of the salon at all times.
Big Stella’s Salon, Rutland, VT
Oct 2012 – Sep 2017
• Provided clients with information on different types of available manicures.
• Performed manicure procedures, keeping in mind clients’ skin and nail types.
• Applied nail polishes and performed nail art as requested.
• Ensured that all tools used were properly sterilized at the end of each process.
Bachelor’s Degree in Cosmetology
Rutland Cosmetology School, Rutland, VT – 2009