Whether it is a resume or a cover letter that you are writing for a bus driver position, it is important to highlight your skills.
As a bus driver, you should emphasize your knowledge of driving in a safe manner, as well as maintaining assigned buses.
Skills information for every position is important. However, a bus driver has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders.
And this is why he needs to show the recruiter that he is ready to take on this responsibility.
Typically, a bus driver’s skills set should include knowledge of driving school or commercial buses.
Also, a bus driver should focus on telling a recruiter how good a navigator he is. Since buses may be driven within cities or between them, it is important to know directions to destinations.
Moreover, bus drivers must highlight what their knowledge is in terms of obeying traffic rules and regulations.
Specifically, a bus driver should possess some or all of the skills listed below. These skills will be useful to build a bus driver resume or cover letter.
Bus Driver Skills for Resume
• Highly experienced in checking bus tires and lights prior to setting out.
• Effectively able to drive buses on assigned routes.
• Deeply familiar with assisting passengers to embark, as well as disembark from buses.
• Demonstrated expertise in picking up and dropping children and young adults in a safe manner.
• Competent in observing speed limits as well as traffic regulations and laws.
• Qualified to explain safety procedures to passengers, especially children.
• Documented success in mapping out short and effective routes to destinations.
• Proven ability to drive buses in rush hours.
• Solid track record of effectively dealing with unruly passengers.
• Proficient in collecting fares and swiping transit cards.
• Adept at using the GPS and standard maps in order to chart out intercity routes.
• Well-versed in performing maintenance on trucks, for example, checking oil levels, and tire pressure.
• Focused on observing rules in order to ensure timely and safe passenger transport.
• Expert at carrying out safety check prior to setting out on designated routes.
• Highly skilled in handling adverse situations
• Talented in ensuring that bus cabs are kept clean and maintained at all times.
• Ability to ensure compliance with rules governing driving hours and rest periods.
• Proven ability to maintain constant contact with dispatchers.
• Track record of handling on-road issues such as breakdowns and flat tires.
• Deeply familiar with handling and addressing passengers’ complaints according to protocol.