Beginning a school bus driver’s resume is probably the most difficult thing to do. That is because you have to start with a summary or objective statement.
An objective statement, if written with care and accuracy, can automatically make the rest of the document follow a defined flow. The whole point of writing a resume objective is to give the reader something to look forward to reading in a document that does not really inspire much interest because of its dry nature.
The school bus driver resume objective statement provides hiring managers with the opportunity to gauge what you could have written in the rest of the resume, and help them decide in reading it or asking you to come in for an interview.
In essence, a resume objective works as an icebreaker, making it easy for employers to get to know you professionally – and even personally at times.
The following are some examples to help you decide how to write your own:
7 Sample Objectives for School Bus Driver Resume
1. Highly responsible School Bus Driver seeking a position at Sheldon Independent School District. Bringing exceptional expertise in operating school buses in a safe and efficient way, and following relevant legislation and policies. Class B CDL with passenger endorsement.
2. School Bus Driver looking for a position at Durham School Services utilizing an 8-plus-year track record of safely driving school buses on designated routes. Eager to contribute using excellent communication skills and great attention to detail.
3. Safety-oriented School Bus Driver, seeking to use exceptional driving and emergency handling skills to deliver transportation excellence to ABC School. Known for offering a safe and comfortable journey to passengers.
4. Poised to contribute to ABC School in the capacity of a school bus driver. Punctual and friendly, able to transport students safely, perform safety and maintenance checks on the vehicle.
5. Looking for a School Bus Driver position at Downey Unified School District. Offering expertise in operating school buses by following assigned routes and adhering to established time schedules.
6. Exceptionally competent and dependable School Bus Driver seeking a position at St. Peter’s School. Leveraging a track record of driving school buses safely. Poised to ensure the overall physical safety and wellbeing of students.
7. Competent and friendly School Bus Driver eager to acquire a position at The ABC School System of Denver. Bringing skilled in driving school buses safely over designated school routes. Able to manage students on-board.