Resumes for truck driver positions should be hybrid documents that target the employer’s requirements, by providing highlights of the candidate’s abilities.
Mostly, a resume is regarded with much interest as the employer is keen to know who he is hiring.
But this interest can quickly turn into disdain if the resume in hand isn’t much to write home about.
For a CDL Class A Truck Driver resume format that promises to interest a hiring manager, refer below:
CDL Class A Truck Driver Resume Sample
5530 Pruitt Street
Bowling Green, KY 45200
harryclin @ email . com
CDL CLASS A TRUCK DRIVER
Seasoned commercial truck driver with a 20-plus-year track record of driving and maintaining trucks with the capacity to tow greater than 10,000 pounds. A competent individual who is adept at providing exceptional customer service, by pleasantly dealing with them on a constant basis.
• Competent in driving trucks with a capacity of more than 3 tons, in a bid to transport and deliver cargo
• Demonstrated expertise in operating vehicles in compliance with company rules and regulations and applicable state laws
• Excellent skills in unloading products using pallet jacks and load bars
• Competent in performing pre and post-trip inspections of vehicles and trailers to ensure the optimum operating condition of both
• Successfully delivered a shipment on time, over 5000 miles, despite getting stuck in traffic for 3 hours.
• Introduced core preventative maintenance measures, which decreased vehicle breakdown problems by 85%.
• Saved a shipment worth $19,000 from going to waste by handling a particularly sticky arson situation, by employing quick thinking and tact.
• Singlehandedly covered a 2100 mile distance (with several breaks according to federal DOT guidelines) in the event of the co-driver falling sick.
CDL Class A Truck Driver
Continental Products, Bowling Green, KY
6/2016 – Present
• Read and comprehend delivery orders and assist in loading trucks with shipments/goods
• Ascertain that all related paperwork is present before starting off towards destination
• Perform pre-trip inspections on assigned vehicles and ensure that any maintenance or repair needs are met
• Maintain in constant contact with dispatcher to provide him or her with vehicle/location status
• Map appropriate routes on either conventional maps or the GPS and drive commercial trucks along mapped routes
CDL Class A Truck Driver
TYC Trucking, Bowling Green, KY
8/2005 – 6/2016
• Delivered goods/shipments to designed destinations
Obtained customers’ signatures on delivery documents
• Communicated with the office/dispatcher to provide them with information on the status of delivery, including the recipient’s name and delivery time
• Ascertained that assigned delivery trucks were returned to their docks in a safe manner and
• Handed over reports and papers the supervisor
United Natural Foods, Bowling Green, KY
2/2002 – 8/2005
• Performed cleaning and maintenance work on assigned trucks to make them ready for deliveries
• Assisted in loading and unloading trucks and ensured the safety of shipments on a constant basis
• Charted out short and safe routes to each destination and drove trucks to destinations by keeping within the delivery timelines
• Ascertained that all documents/paperwork was available with delivered goods and obtained customers’ signatures after delivery
• Performed preventative maintenance and repair work on assigned delivery trucks and communicated any significant vehicular issues to the supervisor
High School Diploma – 2000
Bowling Green High School, Bowling Green, KY
– Goods Security
– Defensive Driving Techniques
– Logs Maintenance
– Goods Quality Maintenance
– Route Mapping
– Mechanical Backup
– Hazardous Materials Handling
– Preventative Maintenance
– FMCSA Regulations Compliance
– Pre / Post-trip Inspections
– Dispatcher Liaison