A career objective for a delivery driver position, if written smartly, is an impressive way to capture the attention of the reader. Below is a description of what a career objective should be as compared to what it should not be.
What is a career objective for a delivery driver?
A delivery driver career objective is a short statement that communicates your key skills and qualifications and how these can help the prospective employer in achieving their goals.
How to Write?
A delivery driver’s objective statement should not include what they expect from the employer. It has to be the employer-focused by stating how can you contribute.
A professional career objective essentially mentions the position title and the prospective company’s name. Besides that, it also contains information about your experience, skills, and enthusiasm to work for the employer.
See also: Delivery Driver Cover Letter
The purpose of an objective statement is to convince the reader that you are a reliable candidate and your resume is worthy to take a detailed look.
Below are some examples of career objectives for a delivery driver’s resume.
7 Sample Objectives for a Delivery Driver Resume
1. Seeking a delivery driver position with KR Logistics. Bringing a decade of experience in route setting, obtaining road clearances, and making safe and timely merchandise deliveries.
2. Looking for a delivery driver job with ABC Logistics, where a positive attitude and competence in safely loading, unloading, and delivering fragile and hazardous material could come in handy.
3. Poised to work for ABC Company in the capacity of a delivery driver. Leveraging skills in GPS navigation, extensive knowledge of commercial driving laws, and demonstrated customer service orientation.
As you will note, the above examples begin with the name of the position being sought and then state what the candidate offers.
While this format is quite popular to date, a more progressive way to state your career objective is to put what you offer on the table first and then elaborate on what makes you an ideal candidate for the delivery driver position. Some examples follow:
4. Dependable CDL driver with 6+ years of experience in map reading, GPS based route tracking, safe loading, and unloading of merchandise and accurate log keeping. Eager to join ABC Logistics in the capacity of a delivery driver.
5. Diligent delivery driver with a great sense of urgency and attention to detail. Seeking a delivery driver position at We Deliver. Familiar with DOT requirements applicable to commercial driving.
6. Top-performing delivery driver with experience in merchandise, food, and auto parts deliveries. Track record of making safe and timely deliveries in a courteous manner. Demonstrated ability to clean and maintain the vehicle.
7. Exceptionally dexterous delivery driver offering expertise in customer service, record-keeping, loading, and unloading of goods and vehicle maintenance. Seeking to join the team of ABC Logistics.