You might not know this, but resumes have evolved considerably over the years.
No longer are hiring managers interested in long accounts of your capabilities – they now want short snippets of your abilities.
Here is a sample Furniture Delivery Driver resume that is written along these lines:
Furniture Delivery Driver Resume Example
1550 9th Avenue | Leon, WV 66020
(000) 352-2514 | [Email]
Furniture Delivery Driver
Accomplished and Dexterous Delivery Driver with over 7 years of experience in driving large trucks to deliver furniture to different destinations. Highly skilled in map routing using both standard maps and high-end GPS systems. Proven talent for following work orders and efficiently charting out routes to ensure timely deliveries. A unique combination of driving and customer service experience.
|• Loading/Unloading||• Furniture Placement||• Delivery Timelines|
|• Furniture Assembly||• Safety Measures||• Preventative Maintenance|
|• Furniture Securing||• Dispatch Communication||• Paperwork Handling|
|• Vehicle Inspections||• Route Prioritizing||• Records Maintenance|
|• Map Routing||• Teamwork||• Communication|
• Successfully made 13 deliveries in one day, in the absence of 3 other drivers.
• Introduced the concept of GPS, minimizing the time required to map short and least busy routes.
• Implemented a series of preventative maintenance methods, decreasing vehicle downtime.
• Delivered and assembled an entire house’s furniture within the provided timeline, in the absence of a driver helper.
Furniture Delivery Driver
Great Cycle Brands, Leon, WV | 6/2010 – Present
• Receive and comprehend work orders for making furniture deliveries to different destinations.
• Coordinate efforts with crew members to ensure availability of items to be loaded.
• Assist in the loading of furniture items on assigned trucks, and unloading them at customers’ doors.
• Ascertain that all loaded items are adequately stacked and safely secured.
• Map short and safe routes to destinations, ensuring that routes are prioritized according to order numbers.
• Drive delivery trucks to destinations, ensuring that they are delivered on time.
• Assist customers in assembling furniture depending on prior orders from the dispatch unit.
• Receive payments from customers, and provide office dispatch personnel with delivery information.
Delivery Driver Helper
The Furniture Company, Leon, WV | 2/2007 – 5/2010
• Assisted drivers in loading and unloading items onto assigned trucks.
• Ascertained that initial trick inspection was performed to ensure all was in order.
• Obtained paperwork from the office and assured that it was presented with all deliveries.
• Provided customers with assistance in setting up / assembling their furniture.
• Created and maintained logs of deliveries, and provided dispatch personnel with information on successful deliveries and returns.
Grocery Clerk | Costco, Leon, WV | 2003 – 2007
Leon High School, Leon, WV – 2002
High School Diploma