Delivery drivers spend a lot of time on the roads as the nature of their work demands it. Their responsibilities include transporting goods from one place to another by driving a delivery vehicle.
Delivery drivers may drive trucks or vans depending on the nature of their job; companies that need to transport bigger items usually use trucks while vans are used to deliver things that are not too big.
To work as a delivery driver, you must possess a clean driving record. Since you are responsible for the safety and timely delivery of items, you must be careful and diligent.
The purpose of writing a delivery driver’s resume is to get an interview. Gone are the days when resumes contained the whole professional history of the candidate. That is to say, tailored and targeted resumes are winners these days.
How to Write a Great Delivery Driver Resume?
- Start your resume with a customized summary or objective statement.
- Include powerful adjectives and industry-specific keywords.
- Make a bullet list of your skills as a delivery driver.
- Ensure to include a separate driver achievements section showcasing your specific success in the driving field.
- Mention the most relevant experiences only.
See also: Delivery Driver Cover Letter
The following guidelines and 2+ delivery driver resume examples will give you sufficient ideas on how to write a winning resume.
Delivery Driver Resume Sample 1
Sterling Height, MI
Class C CDL
Alert and customer service-focused Delivery Driver with 11 years’ verifiable track record of driving a variety of heavy vehicles. Exemplary teamwork spirit with a profound ability to coordinate routes and delivery details flawlessly. Well-versed with GPS systems, highway traffic laws, and OSHA safety driving protocols. Clean driving record. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
CORE DRIVING COMPETENCIES
• Route Scheduling • Long Distance Driving
• Order Tracking • Material Packing
• Log Maintenance • Map Reading
• GPS Navigation • Road Safety
• Loading/Unloading • Auto/Manual Transmission
• Pressure Brakes • Vehicle Maintenance
ABC Couriers, Sterling Heights, MI
2019 – Present
- Coordinate with the company about delivery order details
- Determine shortest routes through GPS navigation and delivery list
- Check the weather conditions before the beginning of the journey
- Ensure the loading and unloading of materials safely
- Pick equipment from the company office and deliver it to recipients, keeping a signed record of each delivery
- Conduct pre and post-journey vehicle inspections and general preventive maintenance of the vehicle
- Enhanced the customer satisfaction level by 50% through adherence to excellent customer service protocols and quick complaint follow-up.
- Reduced vehicle maintenance costs by $15000 annually by offering timely preventive maintenance service.
- Identified a combustion mixture issue in the vehicle, enhancing engine efficiency and cost-effectiveness by 40%.
XYA Logistics, Sterling Heights, MI
2012 – 2019
- Assisted the driver in locating addresses and determining the best routes
- Obtained road clearance from highway authorities before long routes
- Maintained the assigned vehicle in neat, clean, and functional condition
- Loaded and unloaded the truck with goods
- Kept records of all journeys made along with a history of fuel fillings
- Collected check and cash payments upon delivery when required
High School Diploma
Some School, Sterling Heights, MI
“I offer good physical stamina, excellent eye-hand coordination, and the ability to lift 40 lbs.”
Delivery Driver Resume Sample 2
12 8th Street, Susanville, CA 96521
dangray @ email . com
Excellent driving record / Cooperative attitude / Neat appearance
Well-qualified delivery driver with 7+ years of extensive experience in handling large delivery loads as well as the capacity to deliver goods without damage and in a time-efficient manner. Successful track record of driving different kinds of light and heavy vehicles. Known for communicating with customers in a professional manner to ensure repeat business opportunities. Current California State Class B CDL.
• Transport Systems • Load Management
• Shipment Priorities • Navigation / GPS
• Logs Maintenance • Pre/post Trip Checkup
• Cargo Security • Vehicle Maintenance
• Complaint Handling • Payment Collection
• DOT Regulations • Route Mapping
• Introduced a new driver rotation system, which increased morale and efficiency by 35%.
• Helped in designing company safety guidelines in addition to federal and state guidelines because of which a road accident with a delivery truck was averted.
• Maintained delivery vehicles periodically, cutting operating costs by 30%.
DataCore, Susanville, CA
10/2018 – Present
• Drive a delivery van or truck to pick up goods from one place and deliver them to another
• Help in loading and unloading heavy goods, when needed
• Maintain a computer database of deliveries made and those to be made, with telephone numbers and addresses of customers
• Communicate with dispatchers and customers to keep them up-to-date with pickup and delivery schedules
• Accurately keep a vehicle travel log as well as a maintenance log, and inform the company immediately when vehicle maintenance is needed
• Keep to federal, state, and company regulations regarding safety
• Check products against sales orders to ensure that the right product goes to the right place
• Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle and ensure it is presentable on a daily basis
• Sustain excellent relationships with old customers, and build relationships with new ones
• Make small repairs on the vehicle in case of emergency and ensure preventative and regular maintenance is performed periodically
Delivery Driver Assistant
AA Services, Susanville, CA
11/2015 – 10/2018
• Assisted delivery drivers in mapping appropriate routes to destinations using the GPS and maps
• Kept the vehicle clean and presentable at all times, to ensure a good impression on the customers
• Helped maintain a database of items picked up and deliveries made
• Kept a vehicle travel and maintenance log and created and submitted a delivery report
• Aided in loading and unloading the delivery van, both manually and using a forklift
TY Super Store, Susanville, CA | 2003 – 2007
High School Diploma
ABC School Susanville, CA – 2002
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Computer: Word, Excel, Email, and Internet
• Customer Service
Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in loading and unloading vehicles with items to be delivered.
- Ensure that items are correctly stacked and secured inside the delivery vehicle.
- Take delivery instructions from supervisors.
- Chart out the appropriate route for delivery on the map or GPS.
- Maintain proper knowledge of loaded items.
- Ensure that appropriate and complete documentation is available at the time of loading.
- Drive the vehicle to the point of delivery by using the best possible route.
- Make sure that speed limits are adhered to in order to ward off possible misadventures.
- Ensure that the vehicle’s paperwork is in order.
- Assist in loading/unloading items off the vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ensure that delivery receipts are signed.
- Collect payments for deliveries made and give change.
- Fill in pertinent information such as mileage and delivery time in company-provided logbooks.
- Check the vehicle for possible wear and tear.
- Ensure that both general and preventative maintenance measures are performed on the vehicle.
- Change vehicle fluids regularly.
- Clean the vehicle from the inside and outside.
- Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting activities on the vehicle when needed.
- Ensure that the delivery schedule is followed.
- Handle invoice discrepancies by informing superiors of problems and complaints.
Delivery Driver Skills
- Safe Driving
- Product knowledge
- Positive representation
- Maps and complex GPS
- Route Scheduling
- Order Tracking
- Material Packing
- Log Maintenance
- GPS Navigation
- Road Safety
- Preventative and regular maintenance
- Orders accuracy
- On-time delivery
- Route checking
- Emergencies handling
- Vehicle repair
- Cash handling
- Attention to Detail
- Physically Dexterity
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Sense of Urgency
- Customer Service