The purpose of writing a delivery driver’s resume is to get an interview. Gone are the days when resumes contained the whole professional history of the candidate. That is to say, tailored and targeted resumes are winners these days.
The following guidelines and 2+ delivery driver resume examples will give you sufficient ideas on how to write a winning resume. Please do not forget to give us 5-stars at the bottom of the page.
How to Write a Delivery Driver Resume?
- Start your resume with a customized summary or a delivery driver objective statement.
- Include powerful adjectives and industry-specific keywords.
- Make a bullet list of your skills as a delivery driver.
- Ensure including a separate driver achievements section showcasing your specific success in the driving field.
- Mention the most relevant experiences only.
See also: Delivery Driver Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Delivery Driver
566 Heavenly Ave, Sterling Height, MI 67442
Class C CDL
Alert and customer service-focused Delivery Driver with 11 years’ verifiable track record of driving a variety of heavy vehicles. Exemplary teamwork spirit with a profound ability to coordinate routes and delivery details flawlessly. Well versed with GPS systems, highway traffic laws, and OSHA safety driving protocols. Clean driving record. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
CORE DRIVING COMPETENCIES
• Route Scheduling • Long Distance Driving
• Order Tracking • Material Packing
• Log Maintenance • Map Reading
• GPS Navigation • Road Safety
• Loading/Unloading • Auto/Manual Transmission
• Pressure Brakes • Vehicle Maintenance
- Enhanced the customer satisfaction level by 50% through adherence to excellent customer service protocols and quick complaint follow up.
- Reduced vehicle maintenance costs by $15000 annually by offering timely preventive maintenance service.
- Identified a combustion mixture issue in the vehicle, enhancing engine efficiency and cost-effectiveness by 40%.
RED FOX COURIER SERVICE, Sterling Heights, MI
2013 – Present
- Coordinate with the company about delivery order details
- Determine shortest routes through GPS navigation and delivery list
- Check the weather conditions before the beginning of the journey
- Ensure the loading and unloading of material safely
- Pick equipment from company office and deliver it to recipients, keeping a signed record of each delivery
- Conduct pre and post journey vehicle inspections and general preventive maintenance of the vehicle
THE LOGISTICS, Sterling Heights, MI
2008 – 2013
- Assisted the driver in locating addresses and determining best routes
- Obtained road clearance from highway authorities before long routes
- Maintained the assigned vehicle in neat, clean and functional condition
- Loaded and unloaded the truck with goods
- Kept records of all journeys made along with a history of fuel fillings
- Collected check and cash payments upon delivery when required
High School Diploma
ST. JOHN’S SCHOOL, Sterling Heights, MI | 2007
“I offer good physical stamina, excellent eye-hand coordination, and the ability to lift 40 lbs.”
Sample Delivery Driver Resume #2
48 Example Street, Memphis, TN 65987
Driving experience | Vehicle maintenance | Strong familiarity with local routes
- Over four years’ experience as a delivery driver
- Highly skilled in operating and driving cars, vans, and light trucks
- Able to pick up and deliver various products on-time
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle’s electric systems
- Current Class B CDL
- Proven record of delivering on-time on established routes
- Demonstrated ability to operate the vehicle following safety guidelines
- Good verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer service and salesmanship abilities
- Discovered new routes that reduced delivery time by 20%.
- Promoted to a senior position with extra responsibilities and a 50% increase in salary.
- Maintained delivery vehicles periodically, cutting operating costs by 30%.
Airgas Inc. – Memphis, TN
May 2017 – Present
- Drive light truck to deliver products to customers
- Safely and quickly load and unload items
- Perform vehicle safety checks before departure
- Report any safety concerns immediately to the supervisor
Delivery Driver Assistant
ABC Transportation – Memphis, TN
Jan 2016 – May 2017
- Assisted customers in a professional, polite, and prompt manner
- Recommended new products to customers that meet their needs
- Determined customer buying behavior and competitive edge
- Maintained and cleaned delivery vehicles
High School Diploma
Memphis Community School, Memphis, TN– 2008
Superior professional references available