Bus drivers drive a multitude of vehicles including transit buses, long-route buses, and school buses which comes with additional responsibility.
In order to apply for a bus driver position, a job seeker should possess a CDL, a digital tachograph card, referees, and a track record of safe driving. PCV license will be an advantage. Job offers are usually subject to pre-employment medical and criminal record checks. The applicants need to be over 21 years.
Resumes written for a bus driver position are somewhat different from the ones built for the corporate world. The difference is perhaps not in the format but in the information that goes into it.
Bus driver resumes should focus on skills and experience because you are applying for a position where you will be responsible for many lives.
In order to write a good resume for a bus driver position, keep the following points in mind:
- Keep it to the point.
- Write strategically to grab the recruiter’s interest by summarizing your experiences and skills.
- List what you can do and how well you’ve done it in the past by mentioning some of your achievements.
- Highlight your academic qualifications and certifications.
The following 2 great sample resumes for the bus driver position contain sufficient content to be selected to help you make a compelling resume.
Bus Driver Resume Sample 1
1415 Columbus Street
Wabash, IN 46992
jay.sullivan @ email . com
Passengers’ Safety First
Dutiful and competent bus driver with 11+ years’ proven track record of safely transporting passengers and assisting them in the loading and unloading of baggage. Exceptional time management skills and commitment to safety by putting passengers first.
• Hands-on experience in performing vehicle inspections prior to and after the trip, completing inspection reports on time and keeping statistical data on passengers, and performing basic maintenance.
• Adept at timely fueling buses, removing debris, turning in lost and found items, and reporting suspicious activities during bus routes or in parking premises.
CORE DRIVING COMPETENCIES
• Parking Facility Maintenance
• Preventative Maintenance
• Efficient Routing
• GPS and Navigation
• Traffic and Safety Rules
• Route Sheets Management
• Safety Inspections
• Intercity Routing Efficiency
• Highway Rules Conformity
• Road Crises Management
• Special Needs Assistance
• Successfully protected the bus from many collisions by utilizing defensive driving practices.
• Reduced breakdowns by 60% through safety inspections on vehicles.
• Hold an impeccable record of diligently reporting suspicious circumstances in parking facilities.
Marion Community School, Wabash, IN
6/2019 – Present
• Provide transport to students and staff between campuses
• Supervise students with special needs on the bus to make sure they are safe/settled
• Operate hydraulic lift for students with special needs to board the bus
• Report to the parking services in charge and receive directions from the lead driver
• Enter schedule logs into the Data Management System
• Communicate with administrative staff to synchronize students’ transport needs
• Perform safety inspection on buses and adaptive equipment and complete repairs as required
• Coordinate students’ schedules and maintain logs of those utilizing bus services
• Communicate with admin staff regarding vehicle repairs
• Map short and safe routes using standard maps and GPS
YMCA, Wabash, IN
1/2015 – 5/2019
• Greeted students and staff members as they embarked and disembarked the bus
• Assisted in finding seats and seating staff members and students appropriately
• Ensured that every passenger is properly strapped in according to bus safety rules
• Provided special support to passengers with special needs by ensuring that they are safe and properly secured in their seats
• Assisted in loading and unloading passengers’ bags on and off the bus
Indiana State Class C CDL with Passenger Endorsement
CPR and First Aid
High School Diploma
City High School, Wabash, IN – 2009
Bus Driver Resume Sample 2
9102 Lake Avenue
San Diego, CA 96521
Reliable and safe driving record.
Passionate to ensure passengers’ safety and comfort at all times.
• 8+ years’ dedicated experience in providing a reliable bus service
• Class C CDL with Passenger (P) Endorsement
• Known for keeping healthy composure when dealing with rude passengers
• Highly skilled in checking the condition of the vehicle
• Have basic motor maintenance skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of local interstate routes
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Professional approach
• Proven customer service skills
• Good memory
• Punctual and meticulous
• Enjoy facilitating disabled and elderly people
ABC Company, San Diego, CA
11/2019 – 5/2023
• Provided driving service in the transportation of company deliverables
• Took the quickest routes to the desired destinations
• Ensured that the goods were safely secured
• Kept the vehicle in good condition
• Loaded and unloaded goods to the vehicle
• Attained pay bonus instantly after getting the job and a week off on fully rotational shifts.
• Promoted for operating and running more than one in five of all local bus services in California.
• Brilliantly passed the California Driving Knowledge Test.
Travel Fast – Los Angeles, CA
7/2014 – 10/2019
• Transformed traveling by plummeting the risk of accidents
• Picked up and dropped passengers at their destination
• Calculated the right fare and returned the correct change
• Provided a healthy and peaceful atmosphere
Training in Bus Driving
American School of Professional Drivers – Los Angeles, CA
ABC School, San Diego, CA
Job Description for Bus Driver Resume
- Pick up passengers and transport them to their destinations
- Ensure the safety of passengers and vehicle
- Maintain vehicle before and after departure
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on a regular basis
- Assist with loading and unloading luggage
- Look over the bus to ensure that everything is in order
- Follow the same route each day within the city
- Give out tickets and announce stations
- Use GPS systems and maps along with the ability to ensure safe driving.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil before departure
- Pick up and drop off passengers at different locations
- Help disabled travelers get on and off the bus
- Keep passengers clued up on likely delays
- Reply to passengers’ queries regarding schedules, routes, and transfer points
- Report any disruptions to a central dispatcher
Bus Driver Skills for Resume
- Bus tires and lights check-up
- Pick up and drop off adults and children
- Assist passengers to embark and disembark
- Speed limits
- Traffic regulations and laws
- Safety procedures
- Mapping out short and effective routes
- Passengers dealing
- Fares and swiping transit cards.
- GPS and standard maps
- Preventive maintenance
- Safe passenger transport
- Safety checks
- Adverse situations handling
- Bus cleanliness
- Rules and laws compliance
- Radio device use
- Breakdowns and flat tire handling
- Complaints handling