Resumes written for a bus driver position are somewhat different from the ones built for the corporate world. The difference is perhaps not in the format but the information that goes into it. The bus driver resumes should focus on skills and experience because you are applying for a position where you will be responsible for many lives.
In order to write a good resume for a bus driver position, keep the following points in mind:
- Keep it to-the-point: Don’t write everything that you have previously.
- Write strategically to grab the recruiter’s interest by summarizing your experiences and skills.
- List what you can do and how well you’ve done it in the past by mentioning some of your achievements.
- Highlight your academic qualifications and certifications.
The following 2 great sample resumes for the bus driver position contain sufficient content to be selected to help you make a compelling resume.
Bus Driver Resume Sample 1
1415 Columbus Street
Wabash, IN 46992
jay.sullivan @ email . com
Passengers’ Safety First
A friendly, dutiful, and competent bus driver with 11+ years’ proven track record of safely transporting passengers and assisting them in the loading and unloading of baggage. Exceptional time management skills and commitment to safety by putting passengers first.
• Hands-on experience in performing vehicle inspections prior to and after the trip, completing inspection reports on time and keeping statistical data on passengers, and performing basic maintenance.
• Adept at timely fueling buses, removing debris, turning in lost and found items, and reporting suspicious activities during bus routes or in parking premises.
ACHIEVEMENTS AS A BUS DRIVER
• Successfully protected the bus from many collisions utilizing defensive driving practices.
• Reduced breakdowns by 60% through safety inspections on vehicles.
• Hold an impeccable record of diligently reporting suspicious circumstances in parking facilities.
Bus Driver (6/2014 to Present)
MARION COMMUNITY SCHOOLS, Wabash, IN
• Provide transport to students and staff between campuses
• Supervise students with special needs on the bus to make sure they are safe/settled
• Operate hydraulic lift for students with special needs to board the bus
• Report to the parking services in charge and receive directions from the lead driver
• Enter schedule logs into the Data Management System
• Communicate with students administrative staff to synchronize students’ transport needs
• Perform safety inspection on buses and adaptive equipment and complete repairs as required
• Coordinate students’ schedules and maintain logs of those utilizing bus services
• Communicate with admin staff regarding vehicle repairs
• Map short and safe routes using standard maps and GPS
Conductor (1/2010 to 5/2014)
GRANT COUNTY FAMILY YMCA, Wabash, IN
• Greeted students and staff members as they embarked and disembarked the bus
• Assisted in finding seats and seating staff members and students appropriately
• Ensured that every passenger is properly strapped in according to bus safety rules
• Provided special support to passengers with special needs by ensuring that they are safe and properly secured in their seats
• Assisted in loading and unloading passengers’ bags on and off the bus
Indiana State Class C CDL with Passenger Endorsement
CPR and First Aid
High School Diploma
WABASH HIGH SCHOOL, Wabash, IN – 2009
CORE DRIVING COMPETENCIES
• Parking Facility Maintenance
• Preventative Maintenance
• Efficient Routing
• GPS and Navigation
• Traffic and Safety Rules
• Route Sheets Management
• Safety Inspections
• Intercity Routing Efficiency
• Highway Rules Conformity
• Road Crises Management
• Special Needs Assistance
Sample Resume for Bus Driver Position
9102 Lake Avenue
San Diego, CA 96521
Reliable and safe driving record.
Passionate to ensure passengers’ safety and comfort at all times.
• 8+ years’ dedicated experience in providing a reliable bus service
• Class C CDL with Passenger (P) Endorsement
• Known for keeping healthy composure when dealing with rude passengers
• Highly skilled in checking the condition of the vehicle
• Have basic motor maintenance skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of local interstate routes
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Professional approach
• Proven customer service skills
• Good memory
• Punctual and meticulous
• Enjoy facilitating disable and elderly people
• Attained pay bonus instantly after getting the job and a week off on fully rotational shifts.
• Promoted for operating and running more than one in five of all local bus services in California.
• Brilliantly passed the California Driving Knowledge Test.
ABC COMPANY – San Diego, CA
11/2009 — 09/2012
• Provided driving service in the transportation of company deliverables
• Took the quickest routes to the desired destinations
• Ensured that the goods were safely secured
• Kept the vehicle in good condition
• Loaded and unloaded goods to the vehicle
TRAVEL FAST – Los Angeles, CA
07/2004 – 10/2009
• Transformed traveling by plummeting the risk of accidents
• Picked up and dropped passengers at their destination
• Calculated the right fare and returned the correct change
• Provided a healthy and peaceful atmosphere
Training in Bus Driving
American School of Professional Drivers – Los Angeles, CA
ABC School, San Diego, CA 96521
Bus Driver Position Requirements
In order to apply for a bus driver position, a job seeker should possess a CDL, a digital tachograph card, referees, and a track record of safe driving. PCV license will be an advantage. Job offers are usually subject to pre-employment medical and criminal record checks. The applicants need to be over 21 years.