Resumes written for a bus driver position are somewhat different from the ones built for the corporate world.
The difference is perhaps not in the format but the information that goes into it.
The bus driver resumes should focus on skills and experience because you are applying for a position where you will be responsible for many lives.
To apply for a bus driver position, a job seeker should possess a CDL, digital tachograph card, referees and track record of safe driving.
PCV license will be an advantage. Job offers are usually subject to pre-employment medical and criminal record check. The applicants need to be over 21 years.
The following sample resume for bus driver position contains sufficient content to be selected to make a compelling resume.
Bus Driver Resume Example
9102 Lake Avenue | San Diego, CA 96521 | (000) 963-6532 | Email
Reliable and safe driving record.
Passionate to ensure passengers’ safety and comfort at all times.
• 8+ years’ dedicated experience in providing a reliable bus service
• Class C CDL with Passenger (P) Endorsement
• Known for keeping healthy composure when dealing with rude passengers
• Highly skilled in checking the condition of the vehicle
• Have basic motor maintenance skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of local an interstate routes
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Professional approach
• Proven customer service skills
• Good memory
• Punctual and meticulous
• Enjoy facilitating disable and elderly people
• Attained pay bonus instantly after getting the job and a week off on fully rotational shifts.
• Promoted for operating and running more than one in five of all local bus services in California.
• Brilliantly passed the California Driving Knowledge Test.
ABC COMPANY – San Diego, CA | 11/2009 — 09/2012
• Provided driving service in the transportation of company deliverables
• Took the quickest routes to the desired destinations
• Ensured that the goods were safely secured
• Kept the vehicle in good condition
• Loaded and unloaded goods to the vehicle
TRAVEL FAST – Los Angeles, CA | 07/2004 — 10/2009
• Transformed traveling by plummeting the risk of accidents
• Picked up and dropped passengers at their destination
• Calculated the right fare and returned the correct change
• Provided a healthy and peaceful atmosphere
American School of Professional Drivers – Los Angeles, CA
Training in Heavy Vehicle Driving