Your resume for the truck dispatcher position is a marketing document. It must be written in a way that entices recruiters and hiring managers to consider you for the job.
No matter how well-written your resume is if it is not fulfilling the above purpose, it is a useless piece of paper.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Writing Tips
- The first few lines are important, make them appealing and employer-centered.
- Invest time in crafting a compelling summary in keeping with potential employer’s needs.
- Mention your relevant accomplishments as a truck dispatcher.
- Instill enthusiasm and energy in your letter.
Here is a great example to take ideas from:
Truck Dispatcher Resume Example
633 Peachtree Lane, Astoria, NY 76012
❖❖ TRUCK DISPATCHER ❖❖
Detail-oriented Truck Dispatcher with 8+ years of experience in radio communication with technicians, invoice processing, scheduling deliveries, and cost-effective route planning. Excellent planning, management, and useful route scheduling insight.
• Vehicle mileage and maintenance tracking
• Local routes and directions
• Liaising among technicians, clients, drivers, and production management
• Building and maintaining a list of all routes and trips
• Arranging drivers in case of uninformed absence
Safelite Auto Glass, Astoria, NY
2013 – Present
• Economized delivery procedures and brought down delivery costs by 30% by implementing ingenious cost reduction and smart routing strategies.
• Identified an inaccuracy in store parameter maintenance and rectified the same timely, saving the firm from a $1M loss.
• Receive, schedule, track and invoice orders for delivery
• Prepare and issue daily production reports
• Maintain radio communications with technicians
• Review completed work orders with installers before invoicing
Two Men and a Truck, Astoria, NY
2009 – 2013
• Conceived and set up an efficient GPS-based radio system for prompt communication with technicians.
• Loaded and unloaded trucks with the required material
• Weighed material and truck after loading to ensure weight accuracy
• Maintained updated material inventories at plant locations
• Updated truck maintenance files
MERRY HIGH SCHOOL, Astoria, NY