Dispatcher Resume Guidelines
A haphazardly written resume reflects a careless and confused candidate.
If you want to convince the prospective employers that you can do the dispatching job for them, your resume must communicate what qualifies you for the dispatcher position.
To build an excellent resume for dispatcher position, you should give information about your quantified achievements as well your relevant skills and qualifications.
Make sure your resume is well organized and divided into short and meaningful sections.
Its layout must be simple yet professional.
See also: Dispatcher Cover Letter
Dispatcher Resume Example
281 Jacques Square • Richmond, VA 56773 • (005) 144-8545 • [Email]
A highly competent and determined dispatcher with 5+ years’ successful track record in running a fully operational dispatching service. Exceptional skills in monitoring weather and traffic conditions, resolving driver issues, and keeping track of mileage, fuel consumption, and delivery logistics. A resourceful individual who is adept at using two-way communication radios and entering daily trip input in the computerized logging system.
|• Order Tracking
• GPS Navigation
• Map Reading
• Route Scheduling
• Data Entry
• Time Management
|• Supplies Combination
• Duty Allocation
• Delivery Logistics
• Inventory Keeping
• Charges Calculation
• Vehicles Maintenance
FIRST TRANSIT, Richmond, VA | 2013 – present
• Attain 100% customer satisfaction rate by executing customer-focused order processing
• Update daily trip information in the automated system
• Take customer feedback and devise measures to enhance customer satisfaction
• Ensure timely dispatch of all scheduled and urgent delivery orders
• Maintain professional relationships with drivers, suppliers, and customers
• Monitor weather, traffic, and road conditions and make changes in routes accordingly
• Implement OSHA workplace safety guidelines and ensure all drivers comply with NHA driving requirements and obtain the required permits and licenses before they are hired
TRANSDEV, Richmond, VA | 2011 – 2013
• Saved the company’s $4K monthly in terms of fuel and transportation charges by chalking out new delivery routes
• Maintained record of delivery-related expenses, mileage, and fuel
• Scheduled drivers’ duties and informed them timely of any changes on schedule
• Chalked out travel routes for drivers and gave delivery related instructions
• Ensured vehicle’s monthly mechanical inspection
• Extracted customers contact details from the database and contacted them to confirm availability of merchandise receiving
Associate of Arts in Humanities
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Richmond, VA | 2011
• Good PC Operation skills
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Good sense of direction and map reading ability